2014 video editing

I have 3 small movies that each have two parts. When I try to create three movies on one disk it just creates one. How do I do it?
1 person has
this question
+1
    It should be possible to have the 3 movies selectable via menu buttons for example, if the 3 movies are 3 separate files.
    In Nero Video, the quick way is to select DVD DVD-Video from the main start page of Nero Video.

Then, just import each file.

There would be the 3 files listed then once imported.

Proceed to the menu screen, select a menu template and the buttons for each movie would be automatically populated.

Then proceed to burn a playable DVD.

It sounds like you are starting at the movie editing screen where things are a little more complicated.

An example of the method I am thinking of are below ...

This example is for 2 movie files, but the same thing can be done with 3 or more movie files - as long as the combined size does not exceed the DVD disc capacity.

I recommend setting "Fit to Disc" and DISABLE "SmartEncoding".

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks
    Lucky Phil
    Yes I can do that just fine. I need to explain the twist in the whole thing.
    There are really 6 files. They are as follows: Movie1 part A, Movie1 part B,
    Movie2 part A, Movie2 part B, Movie3 Part A, Movie3 Part B. So what I need to do is some how combine the A and B parts before this.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Dman75002,
    In that case, you were on the right track to be in the edit screen.
    So, to join 2 files into one to end up with 3 files out of the 6 ...

One way to do this is via advanced editing ...

Using Nero Video, at the main start page, select Make Advanced Movie

(You can click on each capture below to get a closer view)

Give the movie a name, and select the format you want.
    (this example selects HDTV Full HD)

Then import the movie Part A file and movie Part B file.

Click and drag Movie A to the Video 1 location, then click and drag Movie B right next to it also to the Video 1 location.

Now, we have Part A and B ready to be joined.

Click on Next ...

Choose Export File

(You can select to save your project or not ... if you save, it just creates a project file with the settings as they are - a file that contains "pointers" to the actual files.)

Here you can alter some settings, fine-tune the configuration and choose where you want to save the resulting file and give the file a new name by using the browse button to say where to save it.

For better quality, you can select 2-Pass encoding, but it takes longer. It's up to you which settings you prefer.

In this example, I'm calling it "Joined_1.mp4"

Then click the Export Button

The progress will show.

At the end, you should have 1 movie file made up of Movie A and Movie B joined together.

Repeat this for parts A and B of the remaining 2 movies and you then have 3 files.

At that stage, you can go back to the method shown before, where you can create a DVD by importing the 3 files and make a menu for each one, so you can select each of the 3 (now joined) movies.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm