I’m frustrated

2014 Platinum - problems with MediaHome!

I am using Windows 8Pro 64Bites, and for a few months ago I bought Nero Platinum 2014 and all worked perfectly until yesterday evening, suddenly Nero MediaHome will not boot. It just gives me a message that says it quits working and Microsoft will notify me if there is a solution? (!). Must say, at this point the software is pretty shit! Windows troubleshooter has not helped one bit (a real Monty Python script). Have also been on the Nero ControlCenter and received updates, but the problem has not been solved. Hope someone can help me!

Regards
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi,
    There is a workaround. However it would be great if you could do one thing ***before*** you do this. Could you please download this small ZIP file
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/DW...
    extract it to a folder on your desktop and run the .BAT file that is included, This will generate a new file in the same folder called NMH_DB.7z. If you could post a link to this file here it would help us a lot to solve the issue on the long term without having people fiddle around with their media libraries.
    Thx a lot for your kind help in advance.

Workaround:
    Go here- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local
    Rename the Nero folder Nero 1 and rename the Nero AG folder Nero AG1.
    Does that help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    I am sorry. Nero folder can not be changed to Nero AG1. Have tried several times and got the same negative results.

The problem remains: Nero MediaHome & Nero Media Browser gives notice that the program (suddenly) stop working as it should, and so on.

What to do?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• You misread. He said to rename the Nero folder to Nero 1. Rename the Nero AG folder to Nero AG1. However, I am able to rename the Nero folder to Nero AG1. It won't work if you've already renamed the Nero AG folder.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Misread? Have tried everything! Have even reinstalled and renamed MediaHome & Media Browser folders.

Ha! Shall immediately throwing the Platinum shit from my computer and throw it in the closet where it belongs! Also warn others from buying the joke crap!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know which MediaHome & Media Browser folders you've renamed, but, in all likelihood that won't help and are likely the wrong folders. Nero MediaHome goes by Nero MediaHub and KwikMedia and there are files and folders for each on your system.

Since 5.5 asked you to run a .bat file and post the link here. I don't see any links.

I have NMH installed on two computers and it runs fine. These kinds of problems are usually system related.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi,
    Have you had the chance to run the bat file before you tried the renaming. This would really help other users to share your experience and it would be helpful for us as we are in the dark why this is happening suddenly. Your kind help is very much appreciated.
    In regards to the folder that need to be renamed I assume that you are maybe trying the wrong one. Please find a screenshot for your guidance below. The red area in the path needs to be your Windows user name.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m like...figures...my luck, and yet another episode w vista laptop........FIX ME
    just installed the new "mediahome" on an hp laptop (VISTA)...after install and reboot, mhome was searching new media...then as it appeared to cont. its task,started getting apphang errors from windows multiple "Nfx.oops" errors.could not shut dwn the error box.did not find a solution and would not close...BUT as i right clicked the error message in the taskbar, about 50 exact same errors showed up. SO WHAT IS THIS Nfx.oops AND WHAT AM I TO DO W IT???? I had to finally close my mediahome window during the media search, BUT the program had obviously stopped wrking.........help! ps...at the same time i installed mediahome on my win8.1 laptop to my right and it seems to be fine
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If I remember correctly, the .oops errors were a problem in Nero KwikMedia (precursor to Nero MediaHome, a long time ago.

I had it but was able to make KM work by just closing the .oops error box.

I recommend that you send an e-mail to tech support. Let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• thank you...every click to close the error box only pops up a new one.by the time i finally right clicked the error box in the taskbar, a string of nearly 50 errors were present.even after i "closed the group" of errors,well there comes another.what does the oops file do? and it seems to start acting up when the mediahome starts generating thumbnails.as for nero tech support, on my windows 8.1 machine i tried to inquire about this oops file and was requested to enter my 2012plat.serial number.....ha. as i looked at my install cd,w/serial right there...i was told it did not exist ....ANYWAY...I MAY JUST DITCH THIS WHOLE PROGRAM on my vista.just have enough crap keeping my network,etc streaming as it is.wonder what would happen if i just delete the oops file?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• i WAS planning to upgrade to 2014platinum...BUT???? All i wanted from the FREE dwnload of KW/Mediahome was unity between my server,smart tvs,2 laptops blurays....etc etc. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD RELIABLE MEDIA MANAGER W STREAM/UPLOAD/DWNLOAD CAPABILITY? i hope all is spelled correctly..im in such a hurry im not cking...ha
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I already understood that you couldn't close the .oops error message box. That's why I recommended that you send an e-mail to tech support. The only thing I could recommend is to right click on the mediahome.exe and select "run as administrator".

I'm running Nero MediaHome on this Vista system and don't get any errors but I don't let it automatically search. As you can see, most of these problems are system specific because it works fine on your other system.

Also note that you need to buy a plug-in to stream to a TV with the free Nero Media Home. The plug-in is included in Nero 2014 standard. I recommend Platinum if you want to play blu-ray on your computer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since yesterday there is an online update for Nero MediaHome available that resolves the crash and preserves the existing media library. To download and install this update please go to the "Nero ControlCenter \ Update", press "Check for updates" and select all available updates and press the "Update now" button.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm