Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

2015 Command Center update feature

Just bought 2015 Platinum less than 5 months ago. Motherboard smoked Built a new machine installed windows 10. Installed my 2015 Platinum Started the control center I have no option to check for up date the little green bar just goes back and forth. Close control center try to reopen sometime later . Control center doesn't open. I have to start task manager and close Nero control center. It will open after that But still update option is not available. I understand only the 2016 products are compatible with Win 10. BUT come on My software's not 5 months old yet
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello Mike-

I think you might need to change the compatibility mode. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero ControlCenter. Find the .ncc.exe. Right click on it and select Properties. In the Compatibility tab, change the compatibility mode to Win 7. While you're there, also check the box to run as administrator. Apply and then click on OK.
    Double click on the file, does it run?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I have already done this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, same issue. It's running in win 7 mode and as administrator. I know there a update available for update center. Can I download this update separately.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I think you'll need to go to tech support on this one but-

Open Control Panel, Programs. Find Nero 2015. Click on it and select Change. After you click Next at the following screen, make sure that Modify is selected. In the next screen, select Installation Settings. For Nero Update, select that "this feature will not be available". Let it go through the process. When done, reboot.

Go back to the same Installation Settings and, for the Nero Update, select that "this feature and all subfeatures.............. Let it go through the process and reboot. Try the updater.

I should note that numerous people are having problems connecting to the various Nero internet sites in regards to updating and registering their products. You don't get an error message in that regard so I don't know if the problem is similar to those.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    Thank you for your suggestions But I have done all that you have mentioned. I was in IT for 10 years. I usually only check user forums and contact tech support after I've spent some time on the issue with no resolve. I filled out the contact sheet thru the website to tech support but that didn't seem to send. So I contacted Tech support directly thru E-mail that was a week ago. I think I'll just let this go. I'll be looking for a replacement for Nero. Seems like their fix to everything is update to latest version. Uninstall a product takes to right to website to buy latest product. Even then I see a lot people having issues with 2016 products. I 've been a long time user of Nero products . But it looks like it's time to move on. I don't have time to spent hours a day or weeks attempting to correct issues. I just want the software to work. I thought about downloading Platinum 2016 just to see if it update worked . But I don't
    have a serial #.I just updated to Platinum 2015 less than 5 months ago. If Nero support would like to issue me a serial # for 2016 Platinum that would be great. But I see people with issues there also. I know you only see the problems on these pages and there are people using the products with no complaints. But I have an issue and tech support is very lacking in my opinion. There sure be more self service. ie software update downloads that don't use the command center. Thanks again for your time
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Very few people would have a clue to do as I suggested. I'll take you at your word that you tried it and it didn't work.

There are other threads on this but it's not a common issue.

They only recommend updates if they know that the issue has been fixed via update. Since v2015 isn't going to be updated except for Nero MediaHome, they can't recommend an update to fix this.

Since you've been in IT for 10 years, I'm sure you're aware that the forums for any software you can imagine are filled with problems stories that aren't common. Almost all the problems reported in this forum are system specific unless there's a real problem in the software (Nero has some that haven't been fixed in years).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm