Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

2017 Backitup - How to setup an incremental daily backup?

I've been using Nero Backitup 11 for a long time with no problems.  I upgraded to Backitup 2017.

On creating a backup job to a rewritable DvD 25gb, I get to the schedule page and the only option is Manual, all the other buttons are grayed out. 

The only option of the 3 (snapshot, copy or sync) that allows an optical disk as target is snapshot.  Selecting copy, the select target folder doesn't have an optical disk as an option.

What am I missing?
Thanks in advance
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • I don't have Backitup 2017 installed but I looked at v2015. If I point my curser at the black right hand corner of Optical Drive, it says that "continuous" backups can't be done. I assume "continuous" means that you can't do an incremental backup or a sync.

If you have Win 10, you can click on Help and download the KnowHow app. I don't have Win 10 so I don't know what's in the app. You can always go to nero.com, support, contact, technical support and submit the contact form.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks for the reply Wither. But as I mentioned above, I already have and have used BackitUp 11 so I'm used to setting up an incremental backup. There's just no option that I can see.

I may well do as you suggested tho, and contact support.

So far I am far from impressed with Backitup 2017!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• As you have found, they have significantly dummied down Backitup since Backitup 12. You don't have Update and Differential updates available. You can't back up your operating system. The list goes on and on.There are few configuration options. All the backups are automatically incremental in the newer versions (except for manual, I believe). Prior to Backitup 2017, there was a Continuous backup but I don't know if that note I mentioned only applies to that.

Let me know what tech support has to say. I don't have Win 10 so I can't get the knowhow app.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm