Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

2018 platinum install fails

2018 platinum install fails
Just bought Nero 2018.
Download installer went fine... Adding my serial number was no problem and was accepted by Nero.
Then came the mysterieus/cryptic error message:
What's going on? And how to solve this?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Linda-

I don't remember anyone in the forum who has experienced this problem reporting a specific solution.

I suggest going here-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and submitting the contact form.

If you would, please provide the solution.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello, Linda.

Were there any other messages? If the Installation has additional information there should appear a second message right after the attached.

Also, in the %tmp% directory of your administrator accont there could be a file with the name, starting with "Nero_StubInstaller". At the end of the file there could be additional Information about the problem.

In other case you can download the full installation file, if you click on the "gear" in the top left corner before you start installation. In the then appearing screen there is a link for download of the file for offline installation. You can start this "offline" file. It could show different messages than the online installer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• @Stuninstaller: no, there came no screen after the initinal error screen.
    But your hint to look into the %temp% folder worked.
    I've deleted all files who were Nero related and started the installation again.
    Everything went "as designed" ;-)
    So, problem solved.

Thx! at everyone for helping me out here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm