Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m sad

2019 Nero recode and video won't recognize MP4 and MKV anymore

Had a fine working version of Nero 2018. Now two full evenings trying to get Nero 2019 working, but it's a drama. In Nero Video the MP4's and MKV's are imported only as audio and Nero Recode tells me:

Import Failed
Nero Recode could not import the following files: (and then the path and filename).mp4 or mkv.
I could import the same video's in Nero Video and Recode 2018 fine.
Installed removed and installed Nero 2019 a couple of times, but the problem remains.

Is there a codec pack missing? Can I download it somewhere?

Bert.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • You could try to download a codec pack from
    https://codecguide.com/klcp_update.htm

There are different packs. I am using the Mega pack just to be sure!
    If you have Windows smartscreen running, you will get a message, that it is not safe - don ́t run! If that the case push the text with further information and run anyway! I have used it for some time now without any problem - but it is pretty technical that side!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Have you tried to download the 2019 version again. I had trouble too. Nero Video and others was not installed in the first download. Then I deleted 2019 - downloaded once more, which I could see came from another server. When I installed that it was ok!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    Steps I took this morning:
    ) Remove Nero 2019,
    ) tried removing Nero 2018, didn't work.
    ) Used "Revo Uninstaller Pro" to remove Nero 2018.
    ) Rebooted the machine,
    ) reinstalled Nero 2019
    but still the same things.

Other applications (like my Adobe suite) are working fine, so I shouldn't need a 3rd party codec pack. Hello Nero, where's your advise???
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I got this from tech support in a earlyer problem - maybe that can help!

1. Uninstall your Nero program from your computer.

2. Download the Nero FirstAidKit from ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroFirstAidKit.zip to your hard-drive. Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive. Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the Nero FirstAidKit.
    -> The window "Nero FirstAidKit (for test only)" will open.

3. Confirm the message to remove the Nero entries with YES.
    -> A status window will open.
    The execution of the tool may take several minutes.

4. Please wait until the progress has been completed.
    -> The message "Finished cleaning up" is displayed.

5. Close the window by clicking the "finish" button.
    -> Nero FirstAidKit has removed all Nero entries from your registry.

6. Reboot your computer.

7. Afterwards start a new Nero installation on your system as administrator and with your antivirus deactivated. No new issues should arise.

I have many older versions running at my PC, so you should not have to remove the 2018 version. Ther have been some trouble with updates to that version, which did not install - maybe it can be the reason, you have trouble now. When you are installing the new 2019 version it will replace Nero Mediahome - in case 2018 or eralyer is installed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m thankful
    Thank Mogens! That worked. Now all is ok again.

B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited