Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

2019 Nero Suite Install Problem

I have used the Nero Suite 2018 for the best part of last year. In January of 2019, I purchased the Nero Suite 2019. I installed it and used it several times. This week I went to use it and it told me that my subscription was expired. Please insert my Serial Number. I did so and then it proceeds to download the main file. I install that, it goes through the install and installs all of the components. One thing that it does not install is the "launcher" icon in the list or on the desktop. I start a component from the start menu and it seems to work. When I check the "control center' the serial number is not there so it is not retaining the install. It tells me that I need to reinsert the number and download it again and it just goes in a circle of download, install and that the same results. I like Nero but I am getting fed up with this. Do you have any advice. I have uninstalled both 2018 and 2019 but always have no luck with the new install. Help!!!
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Walter-

Are you inserting your serial number in the ControlCenter each time it says your subscription has expired?

In regards to the shortcut, go here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2019\Nero Launcher

Right click on NeroLauncher.exe and select Send To, Desktop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

Is it possible that you purchased the annual subscription version instead of the "never expires" version Walter?
    • view 1 more comment
    • If I did, I was not aware of it. Nero2018 seems to be working even though during the install of 2018 I got an error of "nero.nero2018contentpack1.msi" could not be found. Also got "nero.nero2018contentpack2.msi" could not be found. Don't know what happened there but it seems to work. How do I know if I got the annual subscription version instead of the "never expires" version??? I did not even know that there were two versions. You know, I have found these Nero installs so complicated and clumsy. Bye the way, I was inserting the serial number each time because it was not listed in the ControlCenter list. I would like to get this program working.Look forward to you reply with this mess! Thanks< Walt
    • To check on your order ...
      Assuming that you purchased the software online ..

This website below might be able to show the details via your email address used to purchase:

https://www.cleverbridge.com/?scope=c...

Once you receive the email response from Cleverbridge, click on the "All details on this order" link to see the details of which version you purchased.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

The problem with the Content Packs is that they are installed separate from the base installation. If you can run the Nero Start (I don't know why they renamed it. They're getting as bad as Microsoft.), click on Nero Content and then download and install both Content Packs.)

If you can't, you can go to nero.com, downloads and download the Content Packs from there.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Downloaded and installed the content pack. Seems to be working OK. Still trying to figure out if the 2019 software is an annual subscription or a "never expires" version.
    Any way to tell by looking at the software?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• When I add the serial number for 2019 Platinum, it says "product unknow". Here is a question. Do you insert the number before or after the software exe file?
    • view 4 more comments
    • Hi All,
      I found this on the Nero Support page. Just don't understand it. My paper work from Cleverbridge calls my "Product Name" as "Nero Platinum Suite". Does that mean I have a 1 year license and if so, then what? Confused!!! I have my 2018 installed (which seems to be working) and my next task is to try to install the 2019 Nero Platinum Suite and see if the 2018 is OK and if the 2019 works. To me, this is so confusing.

Below this line is what I found on the Nero Support Page!

What is the difference between Nero Platinum Suite and Nero Platinum 2019?

Created by: Gerrit Braeckle
      Modified on: Thu, 7 Mar, 2019 at 2:32 PM

You probably still remember the outdated procedure where you had to buy and install the new Nero version each year to stay up to date. We now offer Nero Platinum as a 1-year license. This means that you only need to install Nero once, and application updates as well as software upgrades are automatically downloaded. You will save both time and money, as a Nero Platinum Suite 1-year license with automatic renewal is more cost-effective than buying an unlimited Nero Platinum 2019 license.
    • I found out this morning that your serial number is a "subscription" type as described in the last paragraph of your last post. However, since v2019 was issued in September of 2018, your subscription shouldn't have expired yet.

There's no difference between the two designations.

Did you try what Lucky Phil mentioned?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Well, with Nero 2018 installed and working, I went ahead and installed Nero 2019. Nero 2019 installed and seemed to work fine. I then closed it and went to use Nero 2018. 2018 worked OK! Closed Nero 2018 and then opened Nero 2019. Nero 2019 will no longer work right when Nero 2018 is on the same computer. I have decided that I do not need both of them on my computer. I will now uninstall both and then see if 2019 will work OK. If it does then I will not install 2018. If it doesn't then I will install 2018 and forget about 2019. What a joke that Nero can not solve these kinds of problems. They make their money but are not concerned about the common man, They have to depend on "new" people coming along and buying the software and then find out that things do not work as advertised! So fed up with Nero. They use to be a good company! Believe me Nero, the day is coming that you will be on the outside looking in. You got my money but it will be the last money that you get from me! Good bye Nero!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Those of us who have replied are volunteers, not Nero employees.

You can address this issue with tech support. If you still have v2019 installed, run the Nero Start. Click on KnowHow Plus. In the subsequent screen, click on the shortcut with three horizontal lines on the upper left hand side. Then, click on Report Issues. Submit your problem.

You didn't say what didn't work when you had them both installed and you tried to run v2019 the second time.

I have v10 through v2019 on one computer and they all work together.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm