.nrg compatibility between Nero 6.6.0.9 and Nero Burning ROM 2014

I have an old version of Nero 6.6.0.9 on Windows XP. I have a new computer running Windows 7 and I would like to know if my old Nero 6.6.0.9 .nrg files will be recognized and can be used by Nero Burning ROM 2014. I downloaded the trial version but it's so limited that I can't test out the .nrg compatibility before I commit to purchasing the product. Can anyone confirm compatibility?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • .nrg is a image file. I'm not sure what you want to do with it in BR 2014. As far as I know, the v6 .nrg should be compatible with v14. If it was a .nvc file, it wouldn't be compatible with v14.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• @ Wither1: Definitely an .nrg file. I'm using these image files as a backup for converted Home Videos. They allow me to burn a new DVD directly from the .nrg file rather than ripping it from a DVD to copy to another which takes much longer to do.

I'm willing to pay for the updated product as long as it will still recognize the .nrg files. I appreciate your assertion that it should work fine. Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hello Bruce,

I am not quit sure what you want to do with the nrg files. If you created nrg files using Nero 6, you should be able to burn them to a DVD using Nero 2014 too. You can see this in the trial version to. By double-clicking on the nrg file, the file should be opened with Nero Burning Rom 2014, and NBR will indicate which kind of disc you should insert. You might not be able to burn it, as the trial version will not allow you to burn more than 100MB, but you will see that the file is being recognized by Nero.

Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited