Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m Hope for help

After Computer crash, Windows reset and new Installation of Nero2019

In January I Installed Nero 2019 platinum from Christmas bundle.
From the beginning it worked perfect and I coul produce many parts of a holiday movie. At 27th February I had a computer crash and made a reset from a windows image. Unfortunately the image was from December 2018. So the Nero upgrade was not installed. I upgraded Nero again to 2019.
Because I still had Nero 2016, 2017 and 2018 installed I deinstalled these 3 versions including the content packs.
Now as I try to start my last projects from the day before the crash Nero does not accept the project files. It says unkown format. Maybe I deinstalled to much. I tried to install Nero2019 again but this installation failed.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Is your Windows10 system fully updated after the crash? If it is not: Update!
    If it is, then this might help:

1. Uninstall your Nero program from your computer.

2. Download the Nero FirstAidKit from ftp6.nero.com/tools/NeroFirstAidKit.zip to your hard-drive. Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive. Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the Nero FirstAidKit.
    -> The window "Nero FirstAidKit (for test only)" will open.

3. Confirm the message to remove the Nero entries with YES.
    -> A status window will open.
    The execution of the tool may take several minutes.

4. Please wait until the progress has been completed.
    -> The message "Finished cleaning up" is displayed.

5. Close the window by clicking the "finish" button.
    -> Nero FirstAidKit has removed all Nero entries from your registry.

6. Reboot your computer.

7. Afterwards start a new Nero installation on your system as administrator and with your antivirus deactivated. No new issues should arise.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Thank you Mogens
    but there is no chance to reach the announced page to download the tool. Every time appears a timeout. Do you have another suggestion to get this tool? I reached many pages with the same question but no solution.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Is it also possible to use this tool also when it is only for for Nero9,8,7 and backitup
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I can try to send you some files! Who shall I send it to?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I would appreciate your help. My Mail address is w-d.otto@t-online.de.
    If you think it goes better about whatsapp
    my mobile number is 004915156689384
    Only one additional question:
    I started with deinstallation of Nero_Platinum2019-1.12.0.1_sub_stub
    Do I have to deinstall all parts separately or will it be done by the the tool?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I got the message back, that your email maneger system has stopped the mail! I am trying the exe files in stead!:
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That is the same! The system tells me to use Onedrive in stead!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Try to use this link:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!At5x9W8Ghhgogq1LG...

Its from my Onedrive. I cannot send via your mail address because your mailserver does not accept this!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Mogens
    Thank you! I received the file (2.206 KB)and started it. It was ready very fast. After a few seconds it says Nero completely removed finished.
    Excuse me, but I still have some questions before I start to install Nero2019.
    There are still Nero folders and files on my c drive left. The whole analysis shows lots of folders and files
    I think it is OK that Nero tune it up and driver updater are completely left in
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero TuneItUp
    c:\Programs\Nero\ Secur360 Driver Updater
    the loucher folder is also left but it is nearly empty
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero Launcher
    Additional there are hundreds of Nero notifications in the users\appdata folder.
    Is this ok that they stay?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I dont know.There can be leftovers, that can make trouble later. I have Ashampoo Uninstaller 8 on my PC, which can remove such leftovers. Look at www.Ashampoo.de if you are interested. But you can allso try to install and see what happens. I have still the old Nero systems installed, when I installed 2019 without any trouble - but from the 2018 version, there was trouble updating Nero, so today I have a Nero Video 2018 update in the controlcenter, which allways came back
    when I tried to install it. I know it now, so I never update that Nero Vision update.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When do you sleep?

I have uninstaller7 on my computer. Did not use it yet. I will try.
    I think before I deinstalled the old Nero versions I also had no trouble with 2019.
    I worked correctly from the beginning. But in the last time my computer became slowliy and I thought I should clean it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Do you have Ashampoo Winoptimizer. It could help you to make your PC quick again. Its about the same as Nero TuneItUp - but I trust Winoptimizer a bit more!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have Winoptimizer 15. Did not install it yet. It was also part of a Crhistmas bundle.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Install that one. You will be amased how much it finds at your computer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hello Mogens
    I am completely down now. I decided to set my Windows completely back to have a clean system to start a new Nero-Installation. The result is, that also after this new installation the new -Nero2019 installation does not work with the projects I produced with Nero2019. And all other programs I had on my computer don't work also. I have no windows image that I could use to set my computer back. And I will have a lot of work to get my computer working again.
    I don't know if I will start to work on this holiday movie again.
    Thanks for your efforts to help me.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy to have Nero2019 running
    Hello Mogens
    I am back on my computer. I could get my Windows image from April first 2018 running again. I installed Nero2019 again. So that should be normally the same like the installation in December.
    Nero 2017 an Nero 2018 are still installed. But my hope that Nero can read my projects that I prepared with Nero2019 now have been not realized. I don't know what could be the failure.
    But I'm lucky in an other position. In December I saved my external drive with all my files to another external drive. I forgot that because the stress I made myself about the many work that I lost with these projects. During the last phase when nothing worked on my computer. I decided to try to get a minimum of my programs running only. That decision made me calm again and I could use my brain normally again not in stress.
    So I started first because this was the smallest work to get the image running. Now as I have Nero2019 running again I wanted to make the basis for the 4 broken projects and just in that moment I remembered that I had made this backup and with fortune it was before I had Nero 2019 installed and all my projects are in this backup including the completed ones.
    If I open these projects with Nero2019 and save them again they can be opened and work on Nero2019.
    I asked me what was different to the first Nero2019 installation. An I found out that if I use my downloaded installation files for installation there comes up an update. I marked the file in the picture.
    I'm not skilled enough to be sure that this is the cause for my problem and I don't know if you are an Nero employee. Maybe you or Nero can investigate that.
    I have learned a lot by spending a lot of time at this problem. I will go on working on my holiday movie.
    Thank you for your efforts and I hope I could give a hint that can help for friends with similar failures.
    I read a lot of complaints about installation of Nero2019 in
    Nero AG on Get Satisfaction! .
    None were completely similar to mine.
    My installation is running normal but it cannot read projects which have been saved between the first and the following installations of Nero2019.
    I don't know if there was an upgrade during the time after I had installed Nero2019 and I had done the deinstallation of to old versions. My idea this could have been the cause was not right,
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am not a employee. Another old user - Wither (if you know him)- could maybee help. Its long time since I have seen him here and that is strange, because he allways replyed to the problems.

But I am glad you are back as a Nero user!

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm