Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m Stressed but isn't really over this. Am walking on thin ice

Am still here. Three quick questions. I am in process of making my 151st video. WONDERING wbich program exppst

Am wondering which way exports the fastest?Took 40 minutes last night for an 8 minutes video? Will the program work once i finally get the old computer replaced and probably will be stuck using Windows 10? Am using 7 home premium now. Also i will be transferring all the download programs over to new computer. So how can i download this to the new computer once i get it?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Randy,
    A new faster computer would probably help the speed of export ...

I assume you are selecting a "one-pass" transcode - which should be faster than a "two-pass" high quality transcode.

I think you have Nero 2016?

So, to get it on your new computer ...

You can download the version you have from here to install it:

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/pre...

On the old computer ...

Take a note of your serial/licence number ... (39 characters including the hyphens), from the existing installation - found in Nero ControlCenter - under the Serial Numbers section. (You can right click on the number and copy and paste it to notepad for example, if you want to save typing. - to save the text file to a USB perhaps.

On the new computer ...

Enter your serial number in either during the installation, or after via the Nero ControlCenter / Serial Numbers / "Add" button, which should turn the trial version into the paid for one.

You can only have one active copy per serial number, so the original one will need to be uninstalled once you have the one on the new computer intalled.

On the new computer ...

If you receive a pop-up asking you why you are re-installing choose "Permanent Transfer" or "Technical Issues" or words to that effect.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Don't know anything about the transcodes. I know i can export it either as MPEG4 or the WAV. Have learned all this by trial an error . Had to open an account on Vimeo because You Tube kept blocking me because i have been making Beatles videos and others. Do have 132 on my You Tube channel. Does it make any difference if i choose fast over normal when i am exporting? Once i can replace the computer i will be able to use Windows movie maker again as well. Yes using Nero video 2016. Would like to find the free Nero app that copies disks but can't find it any longer and money is a huge issue . Especially since i just ended up on disability. Making the videos has been a way for me to deal with my dad's death and the other issues. I am saving this on my Gmail account so should be easier once i get the new computer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• It probably defaults to Encoding of fast - one pass ... you can check in the "configure" settings at the export screen ...

You might try choosing "size" instead of quality to get a faster result ... depends on how much quality you like in the video to be eventually uploaded to the web.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ok i will have three i will have to do this to later tonight. Thanks
    • As far as I know, you can still buy a new computer with Win 7. I think HP and Dell will sell them that way. I use CyberPower PC but can't find an option at their website for Win 7. Of course, you can still buy Win 7 at retail and use it. Walmart is selling Win 7 Home Premium at retail. There are others. Ditto for the ridiculous Win 8/8.1.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm