Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Audio clicking at the end of the Fade in effect in Nero Video 2015

I sent the following email to the TechSupport today.

Is there anybody with 5 free minutes to reproduce this bug presents in Nero Video for years but denied constantly?

Dear TechSupport,

From Nero Video 10 it is a constant issue you failed to resolve but now I'm really fed up with it.

If I use your predefined Fade in / Fade out audio effect there is an audio clicking at the moment where the Fade in period ends.

You can easily reproduce this bug with your own music samples.

1. Make Adnanced Movies (any resolution, any frame rate, any audio format)
2. Drag your own background audio (eg. memories) onto the time line
3. Cut off a small part from the middle of this music
4. I have cut exactly this part (00:01:05.03 - 00:01:13:29)
5. Apply Fade out at the end of the first part and Fade in at the beginning of the second part
6. Play back the music and where the Fade in effect finishes (00:01:06:03) you will hear an annoying audio blip or click (call as you like it)

This problem is present in the Nero Video already from Nero Platinum 10 but it was always denied, misappreciated by the TechSupport and also by the tone-deaf forum members.

"Oh sorry I can't reproduce it, I can't hear anything. Surly poor performance of your computer." Bla-bla-bla for years and years!

I say now it is enough!

Do something with it and fix it as soon as possible!

Now the latest version is Nero Video 2015 and the problem still exists for more than 5 years!

I gave you the exact example above since sometimes this click doesn't really appear (eg. if you cut the video at a very silent stage).

But you can not always make cuttings at the silent parts or if it is a recommended way of usage of Nero Video then please list it with capital letters on your web site right below the price tag!

The only workaround is to Fade Out and Fade In with keyframes manually!

Please do not ask for time consuming logs and samples but simply reproduce the bug then act quickly and fix it as soon as possible!

Win7 Professional 64bit (Windows Update on)
i5 QuadCore
8GB RAM
Geforce GT240 with the latest driver (341.44 whql)
Nero Video 16.0.14000 (part of Nero 2015 Platinum)

1 person has
this problem
+1
  • goodquestion,

I think I've done as you said, but really don't hear or see the "click":

I exported the audio and imported the result to WaveEditor:

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• goodquestion,

Oh, I see!

I extended the fade in 2 frames and hear a very noticeable glitch in the audio at the end of the fade in (without my hearing aids in!). However, the exported audio doesn't have it. I tried both .wma and .wav.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Omega Tester,

Unfortunately it can be clearly and badly heard in the output file as well.
    This problem was already present in Nero Video 10 but there were only misleading explanations such as possibly old audio/video drivers, low computer performance, etc.

That time I decided to make all my "Fade ins/outs" and generally the volume handling manually with the help of the key frames but it is a real surprise that 5 years later this bug is still existing.

Here is the link to the audio wav output file (with the clicking at 01:06:03):
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/QP...

Thanks for your cooperation again. I will upload the wav file for the TechSupport too (if they ask for that). This type of issue is so basic and annoying eg. in a conversation (frequent audio clickings). The software simply can not handle smoothly the audio transitions even in 2015.

In lucky cases there is no audio clicking for example when the Fade in applied at an almost silent part of the video (where the original audio volume is so low) but this means that everybody should make silent films.

Wrong audio makes all my work useless even if I have HD video resolution and as we see it has nothing to do with the type of the input material (it can be Nero's own simple music file like memories).

PS: I also tried in wma and there is no clicking but in wav there is. Possibly I could find a part of the video randomly when there is clicking in case of wma too. It is just a question of time and playing with Nero Video according to my experiences.

link to the wma (no clicking)
    http://nerobackitup.pogoplug.com/s/yM...

All my videos contain AC3 5.1 (sometimes 2.0) and the audio clicking is a real constant problem for more than 5 years.

I continue to use the key frames and set the volume manually. That is for sure.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Omega Tester,

TechSupport's email address remained techsupport@nero.com ?

Just because there is no yet automatic reply about registering my issue.

If the address is still the same then I just have to wait a while.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Sounds badly but today I got an email for my other issue (Audio Crossfade effect destroys Keyframing in Nero Video 2015). "We have forwarded your reported issues to our developers and hopefully they will help to find the solution to your problem. We will contact you again as soon as we get an answer." We will see.
    • goodquestion,

That was quick! When I get those, I post in the associated topic and update it once in a while, say, every four months!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Email from the TechSupport on the 14th April 2015.

Nero ID [3393429002]

Dear Mr. ...,

thank you for your e-mails.

Please be informed that we have already forwarded the reported issues to our developers. Our development department is currently working on them.
    Unfortunately there will be no results in a short therm.
    Therefore please be patient, we will contact you as soon as we've got an answer.

Best Regards
    Nero Support
    Nero Development and Services GmbH
    Rueppurrer Strasse 1a
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• "As soon as we've got an answer"...

Nothing happened yet. Just as usually.

Will they force to buy the version 2016 with newer bugs instead?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• From my point of view this thread can be closed.

Consequences:
    Today I installed the Nero2016 Platinum and reproduced the same issue (Audio clicking at the end of the Fade In effect) so it was not fixed or cared about in the new version.

Workaround:
    "In lucky cases there is no audio clicking for example when the Fade In applied at an almost silent part of the video (where the original audio volume is so low)."
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• 2019 Platinum. Currently broken.

Was fixed in 2014
    Broken then fixed 2015
    Broken then fixed in 2017

Clearly no changes in the underlying application (not even 64-bit!) since 2010. This is the last Nero purchase i will make.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't have time to check it out today. Maybe one of the other guys will.

Send an e-mail to feedback@nero.com. Let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I use the Platinum 2019 edition of Nero Video and I get these clicks even when I cut a video with audio track. Then you here often a click at the start and/or at the end of the clip. The click at the end of a fade in occurs sometimes too. It's surprising that these clicks might disappear on an immediate replay of that section.

I circumvent these problems by cutting only the video track and keep the audio in full length. At the point where the audio track overlaps the video track I reduce the volume to null using key frames. In the same manner I eliminate the fade in click.

This procedure is complicated, but at this time the only way to get a good video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm