Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m disappointed

AVC/H.264 Encoding support missing from Nero 2015 Trial

I've just installed a trial version of Nero 2015 and I'm trying to rip a DVD but I'm getting an error.

Upgrade required
The following feature is not available in your product
* AVC/H.264 Encoding

How to I fix this?
3 people have
this problem
+1
  • Sorry but you can't. The trial versions don't support .mpeg-4, .mts, or .m2ts because Nero has to pay a fee to the license holders for those formats for each person using Nero. This fee is included in a purchased version of Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    So what can I try then? I tried to play back a Bluray disc, same thing. If you can't test things out, how do you know that it is worthwhile the money you pay for?
    I only want to know if it is worth while to upgrade from Nero 10 HD
    I only use Nero to
    - playback video files, Video DVDs and Bluraydisks.
    - burn Video, Data, DVDs and Blurays, no need to upgrade
    - re-encode my DVDs to MP4.
    Just want to know if Nero Bluray player plays now my H.264 Blurays, for it did not. I contacted technical support and after 3 times forth and back they concluded, that it is my hardware that is at fault. So I bought Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and see it wasn't my hardware.
    Recode is fine, but I wanted to test if it is faster and uses all my cpu cores and cuda cores.
    So I guess Nero won't see me upgrading.... if they keep this up.
    Powerdvd 12 let me try it out for 15 days with all functionality. That's why I bought it.
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 let me try it out with nearly all functionality. That's why I upgraded
    Nero does not let me try it... that's why I don't upgrade.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• The trial version also has a limitiation of 100 MB file size or 30 minutes duration, whichever is more limiting. You can try recoding files with formats other than those I mentioned. I'm surprised at the tech support response. Perhaps I don't understand the format limitations. Perhaps they work if you restrict the file size or duration.

The latest version of the Nero Blu-ray player has some issues. However, tech support has said that they have been fixed and the update will be available mid-November. The issue here is that it would only play videos for a short period of time and then quit. However, that problem may or may not occur depending on the system. For instance, I have that problem in Vista but not Win 7. Others have it in Win 7 or Win 8.

In v10, you should be able to play blu-rays in Nero MediaHome.

In my opinion, if v10 does everything you want, then don't update. That's up to you. Note that Backitup in v10 has more options than the Backitup 2014. You can always leave v10 installed and run it in parallel with 2015.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm