Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

avi to dvd on nero 2016

I used to be able to burn avi movie to dvd with nero 2016 but they aren't playable anymore. Does anyone know why?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Tom-

Is v2016 up do date as determined by running the check for updates from the Nero Control Center?

Are you trying to burn an AVCHD-DVD or a DVD-Video disc?

Are you trying to burn the disc from Nero Video or Burning Rom? You can't burn a video disc from Burning Rom without first authoring your video into the appropriate disc structure in Nero Video or like software. All you will get is a data disc which isn't automatically playable on most players.

Is your .avi file possibly copy protected?

Does the file contain HD audio such as DTS?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello, thanks for your message.

Nero2016 is up-to-date.

I am trying to burn the video the same way I have been since I got the software 3 years ago: I open Nero Video, I click on DVD then DVD video, I import the movie and click next, I select a cover and click next, I review everything and click next and then I click burn.

Most of the time it works but far too often the dvd can't be played and I have to do the process all over, but this time I've tried it five times and still can't play the dvd.

It's not the movie, this happens frequently and I have complained about it before to no avail. I can't even access the support requests from earlier complaints but there are at least nine of them since I bought the software. I can't even find out how to contact tech support again, it is extremely difficult, not user friendly at all

It is not copyright protected.

I do the same process I have always done from previous tech support suggestions, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but it doesn't work now almost all the time.

Any assistance would be apppreciated.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I don't know if they're still supporting v2016 but you could contact them either using the KnowHow Plus app or feedback@nero.com.

To evaluate what's happening, I'd need to see the neroburnserverlog which you can access from here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 16\Nero Vision

Upload it to a cloud service such as onedrive, dropbox, etc.. Share it. Get the link. Post the link here. You can also open it and copy/paste the contents here but usually they're so long that you would have to provide it in multiple reply boxes since a reply box can only contain a certain amount of text.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm