Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

BackItUp 2018 questions

1. Does BackItUp 2018 keep multiple copies of a file (how many?) or just the last one?

2. Can BackItUp 2018 back up to a network drive?

Thanks.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Robert-

You can back up to a network drive.

If you schedule a Copy type backup, it will be an incremental backup. Everytime a file changes, it will be saved in a new incremental backup. As a result, you'll be able to restore any version of a file. Note that incremental backups take a lot of space. As a result, I recommend not scheduling them frequently unless it's really important to you to have every change to a file.

I'm not sure about a Synch type backup. I don't know if it looks for changes to files or, if it does, does it overwrite the previous version of a file. You should probably ask tech support about that by going here-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and submitting the contact form.

If you would, please let me know what they have to say.
    • Wither 1,

Above, you said, "If you schedule a Copy type backup, it will be an incremental backup. Everytime a file changes, it will be saved in a new incremental backup. As a result, you'll be able to restore any version of a file. Note that incremental backups take a lot of space.".

What? That's just not correct. Do you have a link or manual description to confirm this?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated