Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Backitup 12.5.100 is the worst backup software I've ever seen in 35 years of IT spanning all platforms.

Do I seriously have to restore each partition separately with Backitup 12.5.100?

Really? And then I get told that to restore my C: to an non-system disk I need to create some monstrosity to boot with? Are you kidding me? What is this? PDP11 OS programming?

I backed up my boot disk of Win 8.1 which contains a few partitions that I have no clue what their purpose is. And I don't care to waste my time to learn why they're there.

I backed up so I could quickly clone a SSD from the image file.

What.A.Joke. What image file? I have several files that correspond to each partition. I'd hate to have this piece of crap as my only tool to restore a production drive.

Any of you who've paid for any Nero Backup program, well, I feel sorry for you. Any of you who both bought then paid to upgrade Nero Backup, you know the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."
1 person has
this question
+1
  • The answer to your first question is yes.

Probably, one of the partitions is a recovery partition which is used in the event you need to do a system repair using the installation disc.

If the SSD is recognized as a valid volume (logical disc) in Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Storage, Disk Management and it is large enough for the files you're trying to restore to it, you should be able to restore your backup to it without creating a bootable disc.

The bootable disc is not a big deal but, if you have a EUFI system, you need to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS to use it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated