Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Be the first to experience the new Nero Platinum 2018 - Don't all rush now.

Just received what is now an annual offer to upgrade in September and to be one of the first people to try Nero 2018. The cost of buying Nero 2017 with the free upgrade to 2018 is £43.75. However, yet again there is absolutely no information about what is new, upgraded or fixed in the 2018 version. Now I know this was heavily debated last year but it appears Nero don't listen to its customers. Just in case a Nero AG employee is hovering around offering their help as it says in the green box at the top of my screen. You haven't got a snowflake in hells chance of getting me to buy another product from Nero blind. Have you heard the saying; once bitten, twice shy? When you tell me what is new or updated (Such as subtitle capability. Being looked at for at least 2 years you say) I will then look further but if all you can show me is a few tweaks or bells 'n' whistles that mean absolutely nothing in the scheme of things or, you've taken yet more functionality away I won't give you a minutes further thought. You have more or less drained this well.
5 people have
this question
+1
  • They need to concentrate solely on the editor burning to disc will be dead within 5 years and when that is gone they will only have the editor to fall back on so time to start adding features to rival Sony Vegas.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• EMPLOYEE
    I’m confident
    • Get your image archive cleaned up, safely by removing duplicate images

• Get your personal archive of movies & TV shows in shape via specialized organizing and playback views with movie titles and movie covers being added automatically

• Now stream your media archive with movies and TV shows to the TV in the living room, and comfortably make use of Nero Streaming Player App as a remote control

• ‘Vertical Video ready‘ means that you now can import native vertical video from your smartphone, edit it vertically with all the bells and whistles of a powerful video editor, and export it to native vertical video format.

• Also make use of outstanding vertical video design themes for auto-editing your vertical video footage. Then share your greatly enhanced vertical video via YouTube, Facebook and other social media channels. Also impress yourself and other people by putting your vertical video with cool new design back to your mobile device in native format.

• Utilize the 1-click black bar remover and boost up your non-landscape video & photo footage in any picture format (4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 2:3, 9:16, etc.) for viewing it in widescreen format. For example have the black bars in your digitized 4:3 VHS footage or your vertical smartphone photos and videos nicely compensated when watching your movie files or your video disc on the wide screen TV in the living room.

• Utilize 18 fresh new movie design templates including unique drag & drop effect-zones for auto-editing your personal movie to show off with

• Utilize 18 new disc menu templates for your Hollywood style video disc

• Free Nero 360 VR app lets you watch 360 panorama photos on your Win 10 PC
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• Since5.5,

There's no mention of bug fixes. For example, there's the bug involving cue sheets introduced into Nero 2017 Burning ROM in an update in March. See, for example, topic When I open a cue file, Nero Platinum 2017 says the file is to big to burn.. Has that been fixed? Will it ever be fixed in Nero 2017?

That's one of many!

There is a current topic concerning "blurriness" when attempting to create a DVD from a HD video using Nero 10. See topic Blurry video. In a little experiemnt I did, I found that Nero Video 2017 isn't quite all it could be either. Have there been any improvments made in the scaling algoriths?

Here's a 1920x1080 image, followed by several rescaled images using GIMP, Microsoft Paint, and Nero 2017 Video's snapshot capability:

Original

GIMP

Paint

Nero

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi everyone, just joined the forum and have same questions to be answered before I blindly commit to early bird pre-order of Nero 2018. I've read Since5.5's comment however it doesn't really jump out at me any changes that really benefit me. Other than having the shiny latest and greatest version what justification is there to upgrade?
    • If the new "features" don't interest you that much, stick with your current version. I got burned - pardon the pun - by thinking I had to change to Nero 2015 from Nero 12 to work on Windows 10. Turns out that 12 and older versions than 12 do in fact work on Windows 10 (although not "officially" supported).

I had a copy of Nero 2016 that was only slightly different to 2015, didn't bother going to 2017 and will not be going to 2018.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• One particular feature I'm curious is the ability to burn Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. I'm not sure you can even purchase blank media yet. But if this a new feature unlocked in Nero 2018 I would certainly buy it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• You've more or less answered your own question. You simply don't know at this point what is new or fixed in the new version. What we do know is there have been years where it just wasn't worth the upgrade price, will this year be any different? Not long to wait to find out so why buy now?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• One thing for certain- you won't be able to burn HD Audio as a result of the lawsuit brought against Nero a couple of years ago by DTS, Inc. Nero isn't even allowed to decode it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My biggest beef with Nero is it won't recognize many MKV files and I have to recode them to something else less intricate I guess. The upgrade price should be $20 repeat for customers for what you get and especially when you have to re-install they even hassle you online.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm