Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Bug Fixes in Nero 2020?

I asked this question last year for Nero 2019 (http://gsfn.us/t/53h7c) and was referred to NeroKnowHow.com. I don't see anything there about the 2020 version

A current issue (http://gsfn.us/t/55oyp) reminded me of a bug that's been around for a number of years (e.g. http://gsfn.us/t/53fja). So, I'll demonstrate the DVD 99 chapter limit here again if anyone would like to try it in Nero Video 2020.

To replicate the problem, create a DVD project; select and drag the 10 Nero pictures 10 or more times to track 1; advance to the Content screen and Auto-detect chapters using 100% sensitivity and a minimum duration 1 second less than the individual slide duration. (My default slide duration was set to 5 seconds, so I used a minimum of 4 seconds for my 160 picture project).

Here is a YouTube video showing that there is no warning when the limit is exceeded and no error message when everything goes south:

After deleting the last 61 pictures from the timeline, it works properly:

1 person has
this question
+1
  • No. Nero 2020 is horrible and completely non-functional. It is a mess and appears to have not been QA'd at all. I removed it from my computer viciously and reinstalled 2019 which at least works, somewhat. On top of that, I was trying to get refund for 2020 through 2Checkout and they could not get Nero to respond to their emails.

Finally, after me bugging them for about a month, 2Checkout gave up on Nero and just issued the refund.

Been using Nero for at least 20 years but this is the LAST time. So many better, less expensive, and working options available.
    • I don't know what's horrible about v2020. It's nearly an exact copy of v2019 with some internal changes and an add on. Works fine for me in Win 7 and Omega Tester is using it in Win 10.

In regards to this thread, there's a limit of 99 titles per DVD and 99 chapters in a title. We beat the hell out of this subject in this thread-

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

The 99 titles per disc is a DVD-Video spec but I've never understood the 99 chapters per title limit and there's no reason it shouldn't be more thoroughly investigated, as identified here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• David,

Contrary to what Wither 1 has said, I do not have Nero 2020 (and never will). He also said that the issue raised above had the "hell beat out of it" in a previous topic, which some may interpret as saying that the issue has been resolved. It has not. As a general practice, I try to present the issues that I post in a way that interested parties are able to understand and reproduce the problem. It is a rare case indeed where anyone bothers, especially Nero. Although Wither 1 comments as above, he doesn't contribute. For example, he could try the issue on Nero 2020 and confirm that it has been fixed (or not). But, he hasn't. Moreover, he has never viewed the YouTube video above and clearly has no idea what the problem is (and doesn't bother to ask).
    • Not sure where I got the idea that you had gotten v2020.

In my last sentence, I identified that the problem should be more thoroughly investigated, not that it had been resolved. Of course, Nero needs to do the investigation.
    • Wither 1,

Let's review. You said, "The 99 titles per disc is a DVD-Video spec but I've never understood the 99 chapters per title limit and there's no reason it shouldn't be more thoroughly investigated, as identified here."

Now, somehow you've determined that there is a 99 titles per DVD limit in the DVD specification, but no 99 chapter per title limit? Seriously? I'm not sure where you've accessed the actual DVD specification. Do you have a copy? Can you provide a link so other users can review it?

Assuming that the specification does limit the number of chapters to 99 per title, then that's not a subject for investigation.

Assuming further that you don't think it's the limit that needs investigated, then what is it? It is clear that you've made no effort whatsoever to understand the issue raised here; you haven't viewed the YouTube video; you haven't had anything to say about whether this bug has been fixed in Nero 2020 Video.

As I've asked on numerous previous occasions, when will this pretense be over?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• In Other Features here-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

it says-

The maximum chapters allowed per title is 99 and the maximum titles allowed per DVD is 99.

I don't recall seeing the chapter limit before.
    • Wither 1,

Seriously? You've been pontificating in this forum for over a decade and, specifically, commented in the many topics involving the 99 chapters per title bugs. And now, this?

That aside, apparently, you still haven't watched the YouTube video; you are still confused about the actual issue raised in that video; and, consequently, you haven't checked Nero 2020 Video for the existence of this bug (or probably any other?).

When will this charade be over?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• The reason I was unaware of the 99 chapters per title is that the help files identify the titles limit but not the chapters limit and up to probably the last year, I don't remember anyone talking about the chapter limit but I didn't do a search on the forum.. This is the first time I looked in Wiki. Nobody at Nero has ever mentioned the reason for the chapters limit when I addressed it to them.

I guess your problem is that the software never provides an error message when you exceed the chapter limit.

Just to keep you from continuously getting your pants in a bunch, I tried the following in v2020-

I added 100 photos to the timeline in Make Advanced Movie.

I opted to create a DVD-Video disc.

In the Content screen, I used automatic detection. It detected "100" chapters and it red lined without an error message. When I got to the burn screen, it gave the standard "there may be problems...........". What's really strange is that it correctly estimated the duration of the title but it said it would use "0.00" GB of the disc capacity. I didn't go any further with it since I don't think I needed to.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither 1,

Now, you say, "Just to keep you from continuously getting your pants in a bunch, I tried the following in v2020". You needn't be concerned about my pants! You came into this thread after all of this time with your usual "works for me" approach and dragged me into it. I hope that it is clear now that it really doesn't work for you or anyone else.

David, a Nero user for 2 decades, had some problems with Nero 2020 and gave up, etc. And, he says, "On top of that, I was trying to get refund for 2020 through 2Checkout and they could not get Nero to respond to their emails.. So, apparently the company you so staunchly defend on a daily basis not only doesn't respond to their users, but also ignores their vendors!

I posted about the 99 chapter limit three years ago in topic Nero 2017 Video Has a Secret 99 Chapter Limit<//a> which is referenced in topic Lacking titles to complete my movie dvd.

I followed up when Nero 2018 came out. I asked about bug fixes in Nero 2019 and was told, "We are not providing release notes for our major/minor versions anymore. If there is a mjor issue that affects many users we will point a fix out on www.neroknowhow.com" by Since5.5. Those are the people you defend.

Getting back to the 99 chapter business, I guess I find it very strange that a person who acted as a beta tester for Nero 2019 has no interest in the forum posts about bugs that exist in that software. I've frequently commented in this forum that it is impossible to use the Nero software for an hour without running into an issue. Since you've mentioned on numerous occasions that you don't actually use Nero software, I guess you haven't observed the truth of that statement?

P.S. You have ignored "every" YouTube video I've posted over the years while repeatedly stating that you are "just trying to help." Perhaps, it would actually help if you were to take an interest in the Nero bugs mentioned in the forum and use your considerable influence with the upper tier of Nero management to get them fixed?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It would be helpful if you sent an e-mail to tech support. You're the one that brought up the subject and seem concerned about it. There's no secret to the 99 chapter Iimit based on the Wiki article and one can work with it. I only responded here because of Davids comment.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly