Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m angy and frustrated.

Can't install Nero, error 2932

We upgraded to windows 10 x64. I had Nero 2016 installed, but could not get vision to work properly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now it won't let me install, I tried uninstalling all Nero products in case there was a conflict and now I can't install any of them. the older versions give me error 2932 something about an error with an mst file in the windows/installer folder. Nero 2016 just gives me "Installation failed. common reasons are not enough space in the target directory..." I had 2016 installed so maybe there is a registry entry or file somewhere that mentions a previous install. I know there is a ton of space available in my drive.

I have tried forced uninstall tools to clear the registry of all nero entries and still have the same errors.

If anyone from nero is reading this, your help dpt is a piece of sh**. I have been waiting weeks for a response. I ended up sending multiple ticket request after my first few were ignored, got a response from one to get the support cab, uploaded that and still have no response.

How can I get this to install?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Dylan
1 person has
this question
+1
  • What it probably said is that it can't create the mst file from the script data.

Are you trying to install using the installer from nero.com, downloads? That what I recommend expecially since there have been updates to v2016.

if you've been waiting weeks for a response, they likely didn't get your e-mail or it got accidently placed in your spam folder.

When did you send the support cab?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• thanks for the reply, I am using the Nero2016-17.09.2015_stub_trial download direct from the site which is the latest one on there. The 2016 install doesn't give me the mst error, just the "Installation failed" error. The older versions I kept install files for on my pc.
    as for them responding, I got them to start one case and in the "Customer Interaction Portal" that they emailed me the link to update the cab file I uploaded it on both chrome and IE and it updated the "Updated on" section to 29-1-2016 18:27:19 which is when I uploaded the cab file so it should be in their system.

I'm going to try emailing them directly at the support email instead of using the website and see if I can get a response.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• They have been trying to implement a 2-day turnaround on e-mails but, from what I see in the forum, it's not there yet. Let it go until Wednsday and, if you don't get a response, let me know.

The failed error has numerous possible causes. Could be something like Windows Defender (I don't know if that's still in Win 10) or anti-virus interfering. The competition amongst anti-virus softwares is so intense that they keep adding more and more security and it ends up with situations such as this. It could also be remnants of the old Nero installation in the registry. They have a tool for fixing that but I don't know if it applies to your particular system. I have the tool but don't ask people to use it, at Nero request, because it's not applicable for every situation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• 2 weeks to 2 days is a pretty big difference.
    I appreciate the reply and will keep waiting.
    I am beginning to think that it might have been some security setup from upgrading directly from win 7 to win 10 as I am having other security issues not related to nero. Nobody including MS has been able to help fix the issues.
    I got it to the point where it's installed 2016, but when I run it there is an error with a missing advcntr6.dll file (which is in the correct location already C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero\AdvrCntr6 )
    I am currently trying to remove the remnants of the older installs that only partially installed and go from there.
    I have norton running and don't have defender running, at least as far as I can tell.
    I installed the same nero 2016 trial on another win10 machine without trouble. It is something on this machine, but I can't figure out what it is.
    let me know if you have any other suggestions.
    thanks
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• There is a fix for the missing .dll file-

download the following file: http://1drv.ms/1FEGNfb
    - Make sure that you are logged on as Administrator
    - Unzip the ZIP archive
    - Double click the file NBRshellreguninstall.reg
    - Confirm the warning with OK
    - After that, you should get a message that the registry information has been successfully added together
    - Perform a restart
    - Try the installation again

In regards to Win 10, I just read an article about how to get rid of remnants of the older Windows version that existed prior to installing Win 10 over it. Apparently, running the free upgrade, has caused problems like yours for many people. Otherwise, the article won't have been written. I refuse to upgrade to Win 10 in that manner. That's not only because Microsoft has said that, after a year, they may decide to not continue updates for people, depending on the system, but because I no longer want OEM versions of an operating system. I want it to be portable and that requires that I buy it. $200 is too much right now.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hello, Steve.

Maybe you could open the %temp% folder of your administrator account, and search for the MSI*.log file, with the modification date when you tried to install it. Therein may be a hint what went wrong, if you search for "Error" in it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm