Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m sad

Can't see 2018 Content Pack 1 in Nero Video 2017

I have Nero Video 2017 and have just downloaded 2018 Content Pack 1(which says it is compatible with older versions) yet I can't see ANY new content anywhere.
1) is there a contents list somewhere that woudl tell me what I am getting in the new pack?
2) how do I access it in Nero Video 2017?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Laurie,
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Content pack number one is identical to most earlier versions of the Content Pack.

Content pack number two is especially only for Nero 2018.

As for the content ...

Might still be a similar number to these if what I think about content pack one is correct ...

If you open Nero Video and select Make Express Movie for example ...

Drag the sample "Flower Meadow" video to the timeline.

The "Themes" button should become active.

Clicking on the themes should bring up a selection of about 50 to choose from.

If you then cancel that ...

Click on "Next" and select make a disk ... DVD ...DVD-Video

And click "Next" until you get to the DVD Menu templates area ...

You should see about 68 to choose from in Standard 2D

About 22 in Smart 3D

and about 15 in Animated 2D

(If they are similar to the 2016 selections)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    You appear to be correct as those numbers all tally.
    VERY DISAPPOINTING in that TWO releases of Content have NOT changed (2016, 2017, 2018) and they are - to be quite blunt - pretty boring now especially as the bulk of them are sports.
    To FORCE customers to get 'new' themes (etc) by UPGRADING is pretty poor customer relations/support......
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    That wasn't quite my point.
    I said that it is VERY sad that in 3 years the Content Pack hasn't changed.
    Not having ANY indication as to what the contents are the assumption HAS to be that pack 2 DOES include some REAL content and if it did THEN I WOULD have to upgrade to get it because pack 1 DOESN'T..
    I want MORE themes and background music - that is what the content pack is supposed to be ISN'T IT?
    WHY call it 2018 Content Pack when it is 2016 Content Pack!!!!!
    • I don't disagree that, once in a while, they could add a few more things to the standard version but, what do they add to make people happy? The whole idea for having two different versions of the same product is that one has more features that people may want. As expected, the price is higher for those features so, they make more money. Somebody has to pay for the staff that develop the additonal features. Business is business.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Maybe you should look at Cyberlinks PowerDirector. They have a community where you can download different content if the program isn ́t enough - allso music! They upgrade constantly and the user interface are somewhat more tricky to learn, but can do many things, Nero cannot do. (But the problem is - do you need all those features). Look at www.cyberlink.com if you are interested! The newest version is PowerDirector 16.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi,
    I would just like to see that the content pack with a different name 92016, 2017, 2018 Pack 1) actually had something different in it.
    I have download both the 2017 and 2018 contents packs in the belief I was going to get some NEW content and what do I get? Nothing...
    Adding new content doesn't cost development time (at least only a minute fraction of what it does to add new code)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• To my knowledge, v2017 only has one content pack. v2018 has two.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Correct,
    2016 has 1 content pack, 2017 has 1 content pack, 2018 has 2 content packs BUT only ONE (Pack 1) is backwards compatible.
    The contents of 2018 pack 1 is EXACTLY the same as 2017 pack which is EXACTLY the same as the 2016 pack.
    So the SAME pack has just been rebadged
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm