Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Card Reader Driver Error after installing nero 2014 platinum in Windows 7 Pro 32bit

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_USB_CF_READER&REV_1.01#058F312D81B&1# error after installing nero 2014 platinum in Windows 7 Pro 32bit
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi J-

It never ceases to amaze me how different systems behave.

I'll take a crack at it but you will probably need to go to tech support on it if we can't work it out.

Does the Card Reader work?

When do you get this message?

Open Contol Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. Find the Windows Driver Foundation. Is it set to Automatic or Automatic (delayed)? If it's the latter, double click on the Windows Driver Foundation. In the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic. Does that help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    Yes the card reader works. I get the message when the computer starts up, and I tried changing the Windows Driver Foundation to Automatic, and I am still getting the same error at start up. Plus the computer freezes when I try to use any of the Nero applications.

I think that Nero hates my computer. I works fine on my laptop, just not may desktop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Did you reboot after changing the setting?

This is a tough one and I'm sort of out of my league with it (I'm just a volunteer).

Are you able to perform a system restore to a point before you installed 2014? If so, I would do that and try a reinstall.

Also, do you have two licenses for Nero 2014? Per the Eula, you can only install it on one system with the same serial number and be able to activate the patents.

Finally, you might reinstall the driver for your card reader.

This is only the second time that I can remember of Nero affecting a device in my +6 years in the forum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm