Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m sad

Consider updating your code for 2020

I have purchased Nero many times over the last decade or more, and each time I was rewarded with an improved user experience and more features, lately that has not been the case.
I think that it would really improve the user experience if you would update your code to proper x64 and make use of more than 4 cores when (re)encoding video. As of right now I use Handbrake for all my encoding needs as it effectively utilizes all of my systems resources and it's free.
I will consider buying a new version of Nero again when it includes some serious upgrades to the code and functionality, not just a re-skin of last years version.
3 people like
this idea
+1
    I am very happy to see, that I am not the only one who think so.

Most of the users use a Windows 64bit Operating System in 2019/2020.

In my opinion a burning program do not need a 64bit version. But the Nero Video and Nero Recode will work much faster and better use the resources (RAM, etc.), if parts of the nero burning rom suite are programmed in 64bit code. This cost much time and work, but it is an important improvement.

All big companies of the photo editing area and video editing software offer a 64bit software only! Adobe Photoshop Elements, Magix Video, Adobe Premiere Elements, etc.

In the past we see a new Nero Burning Rom Suite bundled with other small tools in the package. I do not need a bad picture compare tool or an internet radio recording tool. If I need such a program, I search in the internet and inform myself, which one is the best for me.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Information posted are helpful. Not much computer savvy and have limited knowledge about 64/32 bit and use only a desk top PC that just migrated to 64 – bit Windows 10. So far, all NERO Pro’s beginning with 2014 to 2019 are working installed on various hard drives.
    But sharing an interesting experience. Unknown to me, Windows 10 restricts playing of videos and DVD’s, specifically if not purchased from MS Store. Most of my DVD’s were purchased on TCM, Amazon & such, hence blocked. Finally went for an external DVD player & burner and it worked. Whenever, I am loading a DVD on it, NERO 2019 pops up and start playing without obstacle. However, frustrated when realize that NERO 2019 license is expiring end this year. Hope I can continue on NERO 2018 that has perpetual license.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello Shyamal Ray, there are different licences available. The cheap one is limited to one year. The other one is more expensive and is for unlimited time.

Somethimes Nero offers the 1 year licence for good conditions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero has announce in an email this morning the new Nero 2020 is available on 18th September 2019 for pre order for existing customers at a cost of £64.95 GBR. No details yet again, so buyers buy in blind faith. All I would say is: buyers beware.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This is the email offer today. “Be the first to receive the brand-new Nero Platinum Suite!”
    Finally! The new Nero Platinum Suite
    Hello Shyamal Ray,
    Use your VIP offer and be one of the first to experience
    the new Nero Platinum Suite!
    Actual price $ 129.95 for me $ 64.95
    You will already receive your new Nero version on September 18, 2019 -
    2 days before the official release!

Now is the license perpetual or just for a year?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The new Nero 365 seems to be the version in which the serial number is only good for one year. You can elect the subscription serial number which requires renewal (and payment) each year. This method gives you the next version each year at a reduced price.

The alternative is the unlimited which means you only get the current version but the serial number is good forever.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated