Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Cover Designer does not open with Nero Platinum 2016

Hello, I have today downloaded Nero Platinum 2016. I also downloaded Nero Cover Designer (which it automatically updates to version 2017), it is shown in Nero Platinum with all other applications, but the cover designer does not open (all other applications open). I have in the Cover Designer folder an exe file called CoverDes of approx 6MB, but when I click it separately nothing happens.
What could be the problem for this?
My computer runs on Windows 10, the anniversary upgrade installed.

Thanks for help
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello Hanspeter-

I may be out to lunch but I don't think CoverDesigner 2017 will work unless Nero v2017 is installed. However, have you run the check for updates in v2016?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi, yes, I have of course checked for updates in v2016, but since I downloaded yesterday there were of course no updates available.
    And in what comes to the CoverDesigner: when you download cover designer from the Nero website and you start to install it automatically updates to Cover Designer 2017.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I was wrong. I have Nero v10 through v2017 on my Win 7 system. CoverDesigner was changed to v2017 in Nero v12 through 2017 when I installed Nero 2017. I think it starts with v12 because I think that's when CoverDesigner became a free app.

I assume when you said you "click it separately" in your first post, that you double clicked on it (unless you have Windows set to start a .exe with one click). How long have you let it go before giving up? Have you tried right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator?"

Although Nero doesn't support CoverDesigner, they do support v2016 and I think you can address this problem to them. If you do, let me know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi
    I have addressed the problem to Nero already, but (almost dare to say...not surprised, no response as of yet, although the product is under warranty since I just purchased it on Sunday).

Well, I did now one thing: I went to the folder in C:/user/[myname]/appdata/Local/Temp/NeroInstallfiles/Applications/CoverDesigner and clicked there the .msi file and removed cover designer first.
    With the same .msi file I re-installed (the installer downloaded again the latest 2017 version) and guess what happened: now it worked; I can open (double-click) from the icon it generated on the desk top or from the Nero control center.
    So it worked by going into the actual Neroinstall folder and using the .msi file existing there, and NOT by using the normal remove from the control panel.

All fine now, but clear enough, Nero has not been able to come over the installation problems they have had earlier. And I hope that this trick might help others who had the same problem.

Thank you anyway for your help and advices, even if they did not help to actually solve the problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm