Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Crashing/Stuck in Loop Nero 2015 (MediaHome) - Please Help! (Argh!)

Windows 10 64-bit OS x64-based processor; Nero 2015 (Nero MediaHome) (unable to obtain any other info on software b/c it either launches, crashes or launches and stays in a search for media. I cannot cancel the process w/o closing the program. I cannot click on anything else. No activity seen in the thumbnails, it just searches for media "forever". I would like to uninstall and reinstall but cannot find a place on Nero to obtain the program and reinstall with my serial number. I am afraid to click on uninstall in the hopes there is a "fix problems" option for fear it will uninstall and that'll be the end of that. I've searched forum and web - can't find a solution. Anybody able to advise/help me? (My serial number does not qualify for email support). Thank you.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • The reason it continually searches for media is because, most likely, you have a drive (s) or partitions listed in the LIbrary. If you can get it to the stage of running, click on Options, Library. Delete any drive (s) or partitions. Then restart it. Manually add only those folders that you routinely use to the Library.

If that doesn't work, we can pursue other things.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you for your reply. By clicking and clicking plus using the ESC button finally I was able to get the load cycle to stop and delete the libraries. I rebooted my PC and restarted the program. The program is still launching/crashing or loading and will not allow me to cancel the loading w/o closing the program.

In the right window pane, I notice a similar list as to what was there when the libraries were still intact. I have a lot of photos and have done a lot of rearranging/deleting of them lately. I notice that several have "0" photos now, and that's correct but the folders should be gone as well.

Right before I received your reply, I had been looking through Nero's program files trying to find 'anything'. Not that I'd exactly know what it was but I had read somewhere about locating the library files, renaming them as "old" and starting over. I found that I have a disk for Nero12 Essentials. I had downloaded the 2015 program so I don't have a disk for the current program.

What do I try next?

Thank you.

• Oh yes - I also opened task manager at different times and see that Nero HomeMedia is using anywhere from usually 54-97% CPU. Also, several times I had another program open (Win Live Mail) and even task manager. When the program was cooperating to delete the libraries, the window for Nero would go dark (as behind a dark screen) but when I closed the program, it would be not only return to active (light screen) but allow me to delete the next library file. Something is "ADR" (ain't doin' right). Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

I couldn't remember when the message you show in your screenshot comes up so I didn't mention it. You have to let that complete. it may take several minutes.

Nonetheless, you may see a bunch of your files as "unassigned". Ignore that. The idea is that you must delete all the drives/partitions from the Library to stop it from scanning for media.

I should mention that v2015 is not Win 10 compatible. You would need Nero MediaHome v1.36.5000 (Nero MediaHome 2016) for it to be compatible. However, I don't think that has anything to do with your problem.

Please go here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local

Rename the Nero folder to Nero 1 and the Nero_AG folder to Nero_AG 1. Then restart Nero MediaHome. Does it work and does it stop searching for media?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thank you much! Renaming those files kept the program from "loading" and gave me access to other functions.

Thank you.

I guess I'll see what kind of problems come up with Win10 then think about NMH2016. Decisions Decisions.

Thank you very much.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm