Create own background color for Nero Video 2014>

Hi. I have Nero video 2014. I need to create a solid background color (palette) with a very specific RGB color code. to add to the palettes. Can you please advise if I am able to do it and how?
2 people have
this question
+1
  • I use Nero 12 Platinum, but it should be very similar in 2014 ...

Start you DVD project.
    Select any template you like.
    Select Customize tab
    Select background
    Color
    Click on background color drop down

Select Other ...
    Drag the cursor to the color you want - or type in the hue number values if you know them.

Click add to Custom Colors.

p.s.

I think the "Custom Color" only gets saved within the project?
    So it may not be available if you start a new project later on.

You would have to re-define it again I think.

Unless someone else has more information about this ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you for the response, but I think I was a little inaccurate in my question.
    The background color tab I need to change/add is in the effects palettes folder.
    The background colors there are very limited. I need to apply a partial/strip in the video for subtitles to sit ontop
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m sad
    Oh, OK ... sorry about that.

Maybe someone expert in that area can help ... I can only see color sliders as the options available in that area.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m undecided
    Just had an idea ...

Perhaps you could edit an existing background file found in (in my case)
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 11\NeroContent\GraphicObjects\Backgrounds

e.g. Background-040_S.png

Using Windows paint for example - to change its color to the one you want.
    Then save it.
    (It may be read only so you will have to fix the attributes if you can't save over the top.)

Then - when you restart Nero Video ...

Could that background now with the color you wanted be selected in your project?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thank you very much!. You just solved a major issue for me.
    I first tried to create a new version, but for some reason it does not allow that... (Probably some read file somewhere), but when I saved over (after changing the attributes (like you suggested) it work fine.
    Thank You again!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm