Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Digital download of Nero Express 2016 seems to have disappeared from my PC

Hello, I bought Nero burning Rom and Nero express on 19th June this year as direct download. They both cost me £23.99. I installed Nero express to burn a DVD which worked fine. A few weeks later I opened the Nero 2016 and nero express has disappeared. It is greyed out on the menus (control centre?) of your product. My bank has been debited for 2 x £23.99 (20th June) but I cant use the programme. I'm pretty sure I must have deleted the setup file as I can't find it anywhere on the PC. According to my programe & features list I have Nero Burning ROM 2016, Nero info and Nero Video 2016 installed. But I have paid for and installed Nero Express 2016.

Please help. Thanks.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • To my knowledge, Nero Express is only available through a special off in Nero Video. Perhaps you can post a link to where you bought it from.

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero, is there a Nero Express folder?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi, Im sorry for late reply. I'm actually a carer who installed Nero for one of my clients on their PC. I'm only at his house once or twice a fortnight.

The folders in c/programme files/nero are:

Affialte, KM, Nero 11, Nero 2016, Nero Controlcentre, Nero Coverdesigner and Update.

My bank statements were debited twice on 20th June on for 23.99 with the following info: www.cleverbridge N CD 0319 (both the same)

I really just want to ability to burn video files of various types onto a dvd that will play in DVD/Bluray players. I'm a bit confused now. I used Nero express to burn a test DVD - a 5min cartoon that worked in my clients DVD player. Could I have purchased something for 23.99 that included Nero express?

I actually purchsed Nero Burning ROM by mistake as I thought you could burn DVDs that will play on players. So I bought a programme that had nero express included. I think it was Nero 2016 I bought, not Nero Express on its own.

I will be available to reply for the next 8 hours and for 5 hours tomorrow (11-4pm UK time)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I think I managed to solve the problem. I can burn DVDs using Nero Video that's included in Nero 2016 (23.99 version). It wouldnt open because I hadn't finalised the activation. Not sure how I manged to burn a DVD last month.

When I click on Nero 2016 on the start menu it opens Nero Burnin ROM menu. I'm pretty sure Nero Express was highlighted in red a few weeks ago when I burned the cartoon but it is greyed out now.

I have tried to upload a couple of screenshots but its bigger than the 2mb you allow. I'm not sure how to make jpegs any smaller.

All very confusing. Thanks for the reply, though.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you installed v2016, go to the path I mentioned and Nero 2016\Burning Rom. In that folder, there should be a file StartNE.exe. Running that would open Nero Express.

In the Nero 2016 folder, you should also see Nero Launcher, Nero Recode, Nero Rescue Agent and Nero Vision folders. If the Recode and Rescue Agent folders are not there, but the others are, then you purchased/installed Nero Video 2016. As I mentioned, you can purchase Nero Express via Nero Video as a special offer. It seems you did that. If you purchased Nero Express, then the Nero Express folder would be in the Nero 11 folder and the corresponding .exe file should also be there.

If you don't want Burning Rom, you can always ask tech support for a refund.

Did you use the Windows Snipping Tool to take the screenshots?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It's defintely Nero 2016 I bought. There is no Nero expresss folder within Nero 11. Sorry for the confusion.

I have opened Nero2016/Burning ROM folder but I can't see a StartNE.exe file.

There is only a StartNBR file which is the closest thing StartNE.exe in that folder.

Should I definitely have access to nero express with the 23.99 version of Nero 2016?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since I don't know where you are, what is 23.99 equivalent to in US dollars?

If there's no Nero Express folder or .exe for Nero Express, you didn't buy v2016 Classic or Platinum. As I mentioned, the only way to get Nero Express as a standalone is through a special offer from within Nero Video.

To clear the air on what you want to do. You can't burn a DVD that's playable on a standalone DVD player from either Burning Rom or Nero Express using a standard video format such as mpeg. The files have to be authored into the DVD-Video structure in Nero Video. You can burn that structure (video_ts) to your hard drive and then burn that to disc in either of the afore mentioned apps or you can burn it directly to disc from Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm