Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Does Nero 2015 support windows 10?

I can't get Nero 2015 to run on windows 10. How can I fix this?
2 people have
this question
+1
  • Larry,

Some details, please! Were you able to install it?
    If it installed, what error are you getting?

Two recent issues arose for users of AMD graphics. One problem is that Nero Video fails upon startup and another problem is that Recode crashes while importing videos. The workarounds are presented in topic Nero Video/Nero Recode suddenly not working anymore.

The first workaround proposed by Nero requires the installation of an old version of the Catalyst driver. The problems apparently involve an incompatibility with the Windows 10 driver.

The second workaround proposed by Nero leaves the new driver version but renames one of the DLLs , effectively deleting it. This disables the hardware acceleration capabilities of the GPU.

The third workaround, discovered independently by two different users, calls for the deletion of all previous versions of AMD drivers prior to installation of the newest one. I have asked if using this method leaves hardware acceleration intact but haven't received an answer to date.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m sad
    Does Nero plan on fixing this known issue? It seems like Windows 10 has been out now for some time. It was also available to developers long before release. I understand that some of it is a driver issue with AMD. One would think that AMD might listen to Nero when it reports the bug or perhaps, it's not the driver but something wrong in Nero itself. The driver seems stable in games, etc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited