Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Double system audio is drifting out of sync - Nero Video 2017, Windows 7

I recorded a dance recital and am now syncing the original MP3 with the video and the audio is drifting at the end of the song. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it please? Thank you.

My video and audio upload link is: https://we.tl/tjSu4I8x2w
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Ted-

I don't quite follow what you're doing.

The original video has it's own audio. Are you removing that?

The mp3 is 10 minutes shorter than the video. Are you trying to fit the music to the project?

Perhaps you would explain exactly what your doing.

I notice that the mp3 has about 3 seconds of silence at it's end.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Wither1. Yes. I am replacing the existing song (among 40 others). I will be editing down this raw footage. The live audio I recorded was overdriven and distorted so I am replacing the live recorded audio with the same exact track that was played at the recital so it sounds cleaner. When I match both audio tracks up at the head of the song it goes out of sync by the end. Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Are you sure you gave me the correct video? The music of the mp3 doesn't appear anywhere within the video audio track that I can find. The mp3 is 11 minutes long and I should easily be able to find it. I should also note that it has about 3 seconds of silence at the beginning as well as the end. That could cause your issue. I don't know how far out of sync things get.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ted,

I don't have Nero 2017 installed, but using Nero 2018, I don't see a problem.

I used the following Movie Options:

I exported (AVC 1920x1080) several times with different audio settings:

Then, I imported the exports and placed them on their own video tracks. I set the opacities so that all layers would be somewhat visible. I cut all but the 1st and last 30 seconds and added text effects.

Here's a YouTube video of the result:

I'm not able to detect any serious lack of sync, either video or audio.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• How did you get a video file that's only 11 minutes long. I've downloaded it on two different systems and in in both cases it's 21 min 47 sec., thus, my questions.
    • view 16 more comments
    • Wither 1,

Are you ever going to just do it?

1. Align the MP3 on the Music track below the MTS.
      2. Cut out everything on the MTS track that extends beyond the MP3.
      3. Export
      4. Import the exported file, place it on Track 2, reduce it's opacity, and play it. Sync problems should be obvious?
    • Here is the link for the new AVC:

https://we.tl/vncL7CXt3W

I lined up the audio where the live audio starts.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Ted,
    To see the wave view, click the far lower left "expand track view" ...

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ted,

Aligning the audio at 00:03:50:00 doesn't appear to be "in sync" with the MTS file. Here's the MP3 audio start and end:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ted,

I've downloaded your video and compared it to the original. Here's a video showing how the video and audio are matched fairly closely in the editor before exporting:

And here's a link to the exported result:

00029.MTS and RAGE RECITAL 2018 DRIFTING AUDIO.MP4 playing together [~600 MB].

Before exporting, I set the opacity of track 2 (00029.MTS) to 50%. I'm not seeing or hearing any significant sync problem. For example, no "doubling" of the beats near the start and none during the "eyes wide open" near the end.

Of course, at my age, the eyes and ears aren't what they used to be!

Please let me know if you see a problem with what I did.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Given that we don't know how well the dancers were in sync with the changes in the music, I don't see a sync problem in your new video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm