Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m annoyed and frustrated

Error 1324.... The empire strikes back (Well, is that a great title?)

I have just purchases (at PC World) Nero 2016 Platinum.

I did have Nero 2015 Classic from the same retailer but wanted a full suite to include all the 2D and 3D menus. Nero 2015 also had the same problem but when I searched this forum I found a solution.

Problem is as follows

During installation of nero 2016 Platinum the following error popped up
"Error 1324. The path Nero 11 contains an invali character.

I decided to uninstall Nero 2015 and clear all temp folders and every trace I could find of Nero. I have tried installing 2016 platinum as administrator but still get the same error. Is there a simple solution available?
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • That is a great title :)

I'm wondering if you have a "special character" somewhere in the directory names on your computer that might be causing that error message?

If you can post a screen capture up here of the error message ... that would be good.

Recently, some people have been having some luck following the steps in the "FirstAidKit" post from a little while back ... to get an installation to work.

Maybe worth a shot ... but that invalid character message has me a little concerned that it won't work in your case ...

If you do try the steps below, make sure you have a coy of your 39 character long (including the hyphens) serial number in a safe place first

Anyhow, the post with the steps is this one:

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m a happy, thankful chappie
    Thanks for your timely reply.

Searching the forum I found a possible solution that suggested downloading a registry file and adding it to the registry. This allowed me to take the installation a bit further but I then received an error message saying the drive that the disk was in was now full and nothing else could be written to the disk. Installation was then aborted.

I then followed your instructions and was able to install Nero 2016 Platinum, including the blu-ray burning software. I followed this up with a full install of Nero 2015 Classic out of curiosity with no problems and now have both 2015 and 2016 running side by side.

Thanks for your advice. May the force be with you.

Oobydooby Wan Kanobi.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m sad
    Thanks for your reply
    but i do not understand exactly what to do !!
    please give some details !!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm