Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

How can I recover the project Im working on, Nero Platinum 2017 shutdown in the middle of my work & when I relaunched it the projct is blank

How can I recover the project I am working on, Nero Platinum 2017 shutdown in the middle of my work & when I relaunched it the project is blank!!
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi, Miriam, I use Nero every day and 2017 and yeah it can happen like that it has an autosave which when you relaunch should give you a prompt but here is the problem sometimes that autosave is an older save and the one from the projects save is actually newer I have no idea why that happens and it is just random but it does. If you relaunched from the prompt try and reload from the projects page I tried that on a blank project and it worked but it did take 20 minutes to reload you just have to wait. Only other solution is if you have a back up you can try loading it from that NVC file but to avoid this in the future set the default autosave in the settings to 1 minute (I think the default is 10) Then you are only 1 minute away from the last autosave should your project shut down.
    • I’m not sure what you mean, the whole program just blanked off my screen, when I relaunched it this time it didn’t ask me to continue with the project I was on so I clicked on the name of the project down below from previously save work but when it opened it was blank, all of my photos were gone, all my music files are gone, it’s like a brand new blank project, do you know how I can recover the project I have put over 20 hours into???
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m not sure what you mean, the whole program just blanked off my screen, when I relaunched it this time it didn’t ask me to continue with the project I was on so I clicked on the name of the project down below from previously save work but when it opened it was blank, all of my photos were gone, all my music files are gone, it’s like a brand new blank project, do you know how I can recover the project I have put over 20 hours into???
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi, Miriam, I take it you saved the file and named it? Open internet explorer, Documents, Nero Video and the NVC file that you named should be there double click on it and it will open in Nero Video my only concern is you not getting a prompt from the autosave.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Miriam-

The auto save feature saves your project as a .tmp file here-

C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\NeroVideo\AutoSave

When you try to open the .tmp file, Windows will probably say it can't open the file. However, there should be an option to specify the program to open it with. Make that selection and then browse here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2017\Nero Vision\Nerovision.exe

and specify that as the default program. Does that work?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited