Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

How can Nero 2017 Burning ROM and Express be re-installed?

Because of erratic behavior, I've tried uninstalling/installing using the Nero 2017 Platinum installation program:

To make a long story short, before "reinstalling", I renamed the Nero Burning ROM and found that the only uninstalled/reinstalled program were STARTNBR.EXE and STARTNE.EXE.

Rename folder

Insatllation settings

New Nero Burning ROM folder with only STARTNBR.EXE and STARTNE.EXE

1 person has
this question
+1
  • When you reinstalled, did you select "this feature, and all sub-features..........?"
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Another Attempt

Once again, I have attempted to remove/reinstall Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express. Here are the Properties summaries before and after removal:

So, "removing" these two applications did nothing more than remove the stub files STARTNBR.EXE and STARTNE.EXE. Instead of renaming the Nero Burning ROM folder as above, this time I renamed the NERO.EXE file:

Following the reinstallation, no new copy of NERO.EXE was installed. I renamed the XNERO.EXE back to NERO.EXE.

Now, using the same procedure to remove/reinstall Nero Rescue Agent

After removal, the Nero RescueAgent folder was gone, so I can't post its contents! Reinstalling created and populated the folder.

Since last posting, I have submitted a Tech Support request referencing this topic. In reply, I was gifted with my own copy of the FirstAidKit and told to uninstall Nero, run the kit, and reinstall. I responded asking for a less dramatic method to simply uninstall/reinstall Nero Burning ROM. Now, I've been requested to supply a screenshot of the error I'm receiving and also to run the Nero GetSupportFiles application and send the results.

Why post here? Well, what would be nice is to have someone, Nero employee or not, confirm that uninstalling/reinstalling Nero Burning ROM actually doesn't do anything to "refresh" the software. If someone would take 5 minutes to do that, perhaps Nero would fix the situation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Wither 1,

As I mentioned above, I took your advice and contacted Tech Support on April 23rd. The response time seems much improved. However, after the first couple of go-arounds, I am having difficulty getting the actual issue addressed - the fact that Nero Burning ROM (or Express) cannot be uninstalled/reinstalled using the installation program's modify capabilities.

I have made another attempt at "breaking through the script" today, but I am not hopeful. So, it would really help if you (or others) would confirm the problem. Then, maybe Tech Support or the Nero employees in the forum would acknowledge its existence (and fix it?). I suspect that it hasn't worked properly since Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express were combined in Nero 2014, adding the STARTNBR.EXE and STARTNE.EXE stubs.

Note: If the uninstall/reinstall of Nero Burning ROM (or Express) cycle is performed, there is no clear evidence that nothing happened. After "uninstalling" and before "reinstalling", the Nero Burning ROM folder { under Program Files (x86)\Nero\... } must be renamed or deleted manually. Caution: I was advised by Tech Support to uninstall/reinstall my entire Nero Platinum installation in order to install a fresh copy of the Burning ROM code. I did that and now have Nero 2017 on my C: partition instead of my D: partition where it was originally installed. I have asked about that now.
    • view 7 more comments
    • Wither 1,

You clearly do not know the answer to "How can Nero 2017 Burning ROM and Express be re-installed?".

Perhaps you might consider not responding to any thread for which you have no real contribution?
    • Wither 1,

Maybe you could verify that the issue reported in topic cue not working nero 17 . if you try to burn cd it says disc is too small. This happen after first update. Worked in original version. can be replicated on your operating system?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited