Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m sad

How do I add multiple slideshows and Videos to my project in Nero 2016

Hi,
I am new to 2016, in the previous version I was able to create a slideshow then add another one to a single project. In 2016 I only seem to be able to create a slideshow then create a disk, not add multiple files. I could also mix video then produce one disk. Does 2016 not offer this option. Or am I looking in the wrong places
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi,
    In Nero Video, it is probably best to select the "Advanced Editing" tab to be able to see the timeline with all the options.

There, you can add effects and extra tracks and items more easily.

This video demo by Ian starts off with "Express Editing", then he switches to "Advanced Editing" ... it might give you some good tips for adding to your projects.

This is using Nero 2015 ... but it is the same methodology in 2016.

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you Phil,
    There is a lot of good stuff to use I will go on and try advanced editing. However, when you complete your project there are no options to add another slideshow or film. You could do this in 2014. So that is create a slideshow then you are happy and move on to the next screen there are no other capabilities apart from create a DVD with this show and then create a menu with just one show.....has the function been removed or am I doing something wrong. It does seem different.
    • OK ... I think I see what you're getting at.
      Wither is probably better to explain this one, but I guess apart from saving the project and coming back to it later to add items to it ... you don't have the possibility to import more than one project into Nero Video at a time ...

So the "workaround" I think would be to export your project to a video file (such as an mp4 video) ... then you could start another project, add some slide show material to that, and import the previously saved video file as part of that new slide show.

Or, save a number of separate previous slideshow projects as separate video files, then import each video into a new project and either make each one a chapter, or have them show in a DVD menu as separate movie titles to select to play ...

It that the sort of thing you mean?

I didn't have Nero 2014 so I'm not sure how that one worked.

Wither I think had 2014 so he might be able to discuss the differences far better ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

There is another old thread on this issue in which Since5.5 provided the answer. I didn't look that one up but, basically, if you start a disc project and then go to the menu screen, you can click on Back. If you right click in the "media area", you have all kinds of options available, including those discussed by Paul. That's what I was alluding to earlier but wanted to make sure what he was talking about.

I hope this helps him.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• view 1 more comment
    • No worries ... I'm glad you remembered the tip from Since5.5 ... that should solve this issue of adding more slideshows. Well done :)
    • Thanks. That's the trouble with working in the forum every day with multiple versions of Nero suites and other products. Who the heck can remember everything that we've talked about and how things were resolved. It was easier when most questions were about "how to do something". Nowadays, it seems to be "I can't install" or "It doesn't work". I really struggle with the latter kinds of things but I hate to tell someone to contact tech support instead of getting support in the forum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m thankful
    Guys,
    Thank you.....Wither you nailed it, the old options are available but as you said right click and they appear. I am not convinced about Nero 2016 but I had to upgrade for Windows 10....Nero 2014 was good. In answer to you point about tech support, I tried that last time, it took 7 days to get me an answer. The forum is so much quicker with better knowledge

A Big thanks
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm