Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

How do you add (existing) chapters to the menu when you convert MP4 to DVD in Nero Platinum 2018?

1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hello Hessam-

If you added chapters to your project before you went to the menu editing screen, simply select a Titles and Chapters Menu.

Does that work?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• The MP4 video already has chapters ("built-in") but Nero Video does not recognize them. It is an excellent feature that you can add chapters by hand, but doing everything by hand is a waste of time. The "Auto-Detect" function just breaks the video into chapters of the same length. Again, it does not detect chapters already in the source (MP4).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I wouldn't say it breaks the video up into chapters of the same length. You can specify the minimum length of chapters you want it to look for, if you're using the auto-detect chapters feature in the clapboard. Are you using that feature?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks.Yes, the "minimum" length is right and I did use it because I had no other option.
    The fact remains that Nero Video disregards chapters that come from source MP4.

Another topic: If the MP4 is "variable frame rate" the audio goes out of sync. I used HandBrake to convert it to fixed frame rate and it worked with Nero. If HandBrake (a freeware) can do it, why not Nero?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I know that when one exports a file from Nero Video, the chapters are lost. Nero says they're looking into the possibility of changing that. When I run the auto-detect chapters from the Clapboard options on many of the videos I have, it does detect them. If you want, you could upload one of your files to a cloud service such as dropbox and provide a link here so I could try it. I delete most files that people give me for testing.

For expert advice on the variable frame rate issue, you would need to talk with tech support.

Do these videos have fast action in them? If so, you could use the motion-adaptive frame rate conversion in the Recording Format Options.

It could also be that those videos have dropped frames which aren't visible during playback. That's usually corrected by recoding the files in Recode using the defaults. Recode also has the option to change to a constant bitrate, if the video has a variable frame rate. There are other options for resizing and bitrates.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm