Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

How do you draw a circle around an object in Nero Video Platinum 2016??

Need to highlight items the actual video. I can see how to add text and clip art... what about a circle or a red dot??
1 person has
this question
+1
  • this software sucks doesn't it.... dammit i knew it!! $200 later. I'm even in the pdf Nero Video Manual which doesn't have a version on it and it looks dated but can't find a manual for the 2016 Platinum version... what the hell?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• yes Nero just got worse I have Nero 5 and up to 9 it works great but when I tried 10 it sucked I could not believe that I had to insert the help files myself and that was just one problem so I stopped at 9 and just two months I upgraded to platinum what a mistake that was I went back to 9 it works well on windows 10 pro tobad all they want to do is make money
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Surely you didn't pay $200 US for it. The most it's ever cost is $129 US. You can buy v2017 Platinum for $48 US right now.

I don't have time to go through all the effects right now. However, you could create a .jpg with a circle that is transparent and import it and overlay it on your video. It can be time intensive if you want the circle to be there for any length of time because you would have to overlay it on every frame you want it displayed on .

I assume you looked at vignette 2 and 3 in the clip art. You can resize and position it and set its duration.

Richard, I don't know what you've done in regards to what Jbass and I suggested. You can always go to tech support to get your problem resolved.
    • like an idiot I first bought the disc at Bust Buy and it was on sale for like $85, then the next year i upgraded, then bought the content pak... so yea i'm gettin close to $200. Point is we get invested in this thing, it's a HUGE program to have on the computer with many moving parts and sections to it.and so it's frustrating when a simple task comes up like drawing a circle around an object in a video becomes impossible! I can download another program, but i resist doing that. If Nero can't do all of the basics, then the whole thing is gonna go. Thing is Nero Video as far as editing truly sucks..... adding text is a rough process, trimming is a huge long pain. Hard to get it on the right spot, can't do multiple trims. The software itself is heavy in the Disc Burning and Disc to Device... we're not working with discs anymore. I don't even have an Optical Drive on this thing. Nero is totally shady with including programs with what you buy and later taking them away (wave editor, back it up, music recorder all were avialable when i first purchased the disc ) and the way they don't give a discount to users who just want to upgrade to Platinum from Classic, but yet call the heading "upgrade center" there's no upgrade! it's the same price as if buying brand new. They seem more intent on marketing and figuring out cleaver ways to get more of your money than focusing on keeping up a good piece of software. All this "go back to nero 9, you can do that there" that you hear all the time. these people aren't about quality software they're just about getting in my wallet as often as possible..... blah, blah, blah... i'll try the jpeg trick and the vignettes but i'll probably call this a lesson learned and get rid of this piece of trash.... Windows Movie Maker was a far superior product, but that's another rant. Jesus, screw these greedy corporations. There is this trend happening where it seems they want customers to basically re-purchase the software once every year in order to have all of the features.. I'm willing to bet that in order to do what i want to do i have to buy Platinum 2017 or some kind of Content Pak or whatever - THAT is not going to happen. Mic Drop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

skipbo2015,

An example follows that uses a speech bubble on track 2. The bubble is made transparent using the Chroma Key effect; then the bubble is resized; next, keyframe positioning is used to move it around:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I stopped using Nero 2017 platinum I went back to Nero 9 and it works well as for a circle around an object I not sure I just use the menus templates some templates have circle templates
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated