Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

How to get nero to open .264 and .tts files ?

I have had many versions of nero including 2018 which I still use but all have never been able to open .264 or .tts files . I am reluctant to upgrade again as free software will open and edit these files . Is there something I don`t know about why nero will not open these mentioned files ?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hello Barry-

I assume you're referring to H.264.

Upgrading isn't going to do anything since every version of Nero can open those formats. The only reasons that H.264 wouldn't open is if a valid "purchased" serial number from Nero or another reputable vendor isn't in the Nero ControlCenter or the files are copy protected. Even some OEM versions will open them.

Would you upload one of each to a cloud service such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.; share with everyone; get a link and then post the links here?

What part of Nero are you trying to open them in.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Sorry for the delay.
    Trying to open in Home Media,Nero Video and Recode .
    Links to videos below.
    The 2nd one is .tts 1gb and I can not split.
    Thanks
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Be...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ST...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

I want to clarify something I said in my first post. Nero MediaHome will play copy protected video. You won't be able to process copy protected video in the other apps although that behavior can vary from version to version and within a single version.

I didn't pay attention to the fact that you stated ".264" files. Such files are not video files per se. They are data files created by the software related to a device which provides data about the video file before conversion to mp4. They're called RAW files. For instance, many digital cameras create RAW files before conversion to a video format. In some cases, those files can be edited by the software provided with the device before encoding to a video format.

As such, you will need to find software to do the encoding. I tried FreeMake and VLC Player but was unsuccessful. Don't have time tonight to pursue it.

In regards to the .tts file, it is similar to the .264 files in that it is a data file. What's interesting is that I can open one in Windows Media Player and other players but not Nero. Nero can open the .ts files which a .tts file would be encoded to.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Barry,

The .tts file has MPEG-2 streams. Change the .tts extension to .mts or .m2ts.

The .264 file has an AVC video stream but no container. That can be fixed with the free XMedia Recode using the MP4 Stream copy option:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm