Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

How to Synchronize between two tracks in Nero Video 2018?

I am editing with two tracks. ( Advanced Editing )
I have two points marked in track one and track two respectively at 2 different points of times. (Eg: Track 1 has a point at 3 minute and track 2 has the point at 6 minutes, both from the beginning of the respective clips ).
How Will I align these clips so that they will align at exactly the same time.
( One track will need to be moved horizontally )
Please note that there are multiple clips in each track.
Is there a way to drag all the clips in a track?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Rajesh,

please find a Nero KnowHow FAQ for your question under this link. Also make sure to install Nero KnowHow. It is a very helpful tool.

https://neroknowhow.com/2019/02/04/ho...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Thank you abraxas01. ( That was indeed useful. )

However I was asking a different question :
    Let me ask it differently :
    I have 2 tracks. These tracks come from 2 different cameras. But these cameras were handled by different people and were *not* turned on at teh exact same time.

Im trying to synchronize the footage by listening to Audio.
    So I will first identify some Easy to identify Audio in teh first track. ( And give it a label )
    Then I will identify the same audio in th second track. ( And give it a label )

Now I want to slide one of the clips so that these Audio points ( labels ) would line up vertically.

Can I do this ?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi Rajesh,

I'm working on a series of other FAQs and this sneak preview should solve your case.

------

How can I achieve AV sync of different video and associated audio tracks shot in a live event for multi-camera editing?

When capturing live events with different cameras running in parallel, it will happen that each of the cameras cannot be switched on at exactly the same time. Now, when you import your footage into different video tracks in Nero Video, you need to match the AV sync of each track. Once this is done, you can focus on editing the different shot sizes per track, and for final export just select the best matching audio track while muting those audio tracks that may have only acted as a sync reference.

Import your clips into the advanced editing timeline. Each camera gets a dedicated track (camera 1= track 1, camera 2 = track 2, etc.). This way each video and associated audio has a dedicated track over the whole duration of the project (which can be quite long for a live event). If you have used more than 2 cameras, you need to add more video/audio tracks via the timeline function - Nero Video can handle up to 99 video/audio tracks.

Select the camera roll with the longest duration on track 1 and add other shorter camera rolls to track 2 etc.
    Make sure the timeline view is set to ‘extended timeline view’, so that the audio waveform of your clip is visible. Select a reference point in track 1 audio. This will probably be a starting applause or any other clearly audible sound that differentiates from the surrounding sound. In such a case, the waveform will show a dedicated peak. Zoom into 1 frame per second and with a right mouse click set a marker to the audio peak, then zoom out again.

Mute the audio on track 1 and all other tracks except track 2 via the track header. Select your clip on track 2. Visually check the waveform for the same audio peak that you used as a reference before. Play the sequence to be sure it is what you need. Zoom in to one frame and set a marker in a different color. Slightly zoom out again and drag your camera 2 clip to the same position as camera 1 via matching the two markers. Put the timeline cursor over the markers: it will show via a small triangle popping up that the marked frames match. Unmute the audio for track 1 and check the audio sync between camera 1 and camera 2. If you hear a little reverb, zoom in to one frame and match the peak points more precisely.

Now you are done with AV sync for track 1 and track 2. If you need other cameras to sync, just repeat the steps described for camera 2 on the respective camera track.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thank you abraxas01. - Your answer is exactly what I was looking for.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm