Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated & very confused

How do I add a picture I scanned to my slideshow in Nero 2014

Some background: I've been using the Nero 9 version for the past 5 years to make slideshows of 35mm film pictures I've taken. I recently upgraded to Nero 2014.

My question is how do I add souvenirs (scans of postcards, menus, maps, etc) to my slideshow in Nero 2014.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Since you have experience with v9, I would think that you would know to select Import, Import File's to add your file (s) to Nero Video. It's the equivalent to the Browse feature in My Media in V9 to add a file to a project.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something. If so, please explain.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Sorry, I'm using Nero MediaHome to put the slideshow together because I need to crop some photos.

Is there any easy way to scan photos to MediaHome like Nero 9 used to do?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I see. I was in the right church, wrong pew. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by scan.

In Nero MediaHome, open Options, Library. Select Add Manually. Browse to the folder containing your slides and add it to the Library. When you go to All Photos & Videos and click on Find, the folder should be there. You should also be able to select the folder and files using Add Files when creating a slide show.

Does this help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither - Kind of.

My husband and I take souvenirs (maps, postcards, etc.) of our trips that aren't photographed and scan them using our printer to be able to put them into the slideshow of the trip.

Nero Vision 9 had a way to do that within Nero itself, where it would automatically scan the item, put it in a specific place, and then automatically add to the open slideshow.

While working with Nero MediaHome 2014 (for the past week or two) I have not been able to find an easy way to scan and add the souvenirs to MediaHome 2014, like I was able to do with Nero Vision 9.

I need it to be fairly easy because my husband isn't familiar with computers and I have to write out step-by-step instructions for him to use programs like Nero.

Do you know of an easy way to scan and add physical items to MediaHome?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• There are two things I can think of-

First, if you open Make Slide Show in Nero Video, you can select Import, Import from Twain. You can then select your scanner to scan the file in. I didn't try it to see if the scanned picture will go directly onto the Storyboard or if you have to drag it there. This is the same thing you were doing in Nero Vision.

Second, there's no scanning ability in Nero MediaHome. However, if you have added the folder containing the files you wish to add to your slide show into the Library, you can tell the scanner to scan to that folder. If you have started to create a new slide show and click on ADD Files and select that folder, the scanned photo will be in that folder.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm