I’m frustrated

How to print CDs on a Canon MG6320 printer

I am trying to use Nero Cover Designer to print CDs on my Canon MG6320 printer using the CD printing tray. However, I cannot determine which settings in NCD will actually work with this printer. I tried the 3 Canon printer settings that NCD already knows about, but none of them worked. I also tried several other settings, but again, it just ends up printing in the wrong place.

Can anyone tell me what settings to use?
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • What you're probably going to have to do is create your own template by trial and error. It's frustrating to me that printer manufacturers won't tell the owner what the correct paper stock is for printing disc labels.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I agree that there seems to be a lot of information here that is being kept secret. At least Canon does provide software with the printer which is able to print CDs. It's just not very flexible. Which is why I want to use Nero. What really bothers me is that I paid more for Nero than I paid for the printer, and they're always trying to sell me a new version of Nero, but yet, they can't put the effort into making Nero Cover Designer a little more useful.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Rick, Nero CoverDesigner is a free tool and not part of the paid product since a while. See
    http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Rick, no support, no features, just limited bugfixes. Sorry.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• However, you must be able to use the correct paper stock for the respective printer. Since there are probably thousands of printer models, how do you include the paper stock for every one of those models in a single program. Apparently the software provided with the printer identifies the correct paper stock. You can import that to CoverDesigner if you can locate the file in the software.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

Here is what I came up with to get it to get Nero Platinum 2014 to print correctly on the Canon MG6320.
    Go to File->Paper Stocks
    Click on User-defined Stocks and then select Add Stock
    I named mine Canon MG6320
    Width: 129.000mm / Height 223.500mm
    Feed paper as Portrait then select Add Item

Now select Disc that is under Canon MG6320
    I left the Outer Radius at 58.500mm and the Inner at 22.000mm
    Now the key part: Position (X/Y) = -18.500mm/61.500mm
    Select OK

Now you have a new paper stock to choose from. Make sure you are on the Disc1 tab at the bottom of Nero Cover Designer. At the top almost at the center there is a drop down box to select the paper stock. Find Canon MG6320 in the list and select it.

Now onto printing. File->Print
    Make sure Disc 1 is the only element checkmarked to print and then highlight (don't double click!) Canon MG6320 series Printer on the General Tab and then select Preferences. I set up a custom setting for CD_Discs using the following
    Media Type: Printable disc (recommended)
    Print Quality: High
    Printer Paper Size: Disc tray J: Portrait
    Paper Source: Disc Tray

Now the MOST important setting: checkmark Preview before printing
    This will pop open the Canon print preview window before sending the job to the printer.
    Select OK and then Print

You should see your print centered in the Red Disc circle. If it is not then just select Cancel Printing at the top and go back up and tweek the 18.5mm/61.5mm value above to move the print the appropriate amount. You can use this process to do "trial and error" adjustments to the print without printing anything. This worked for me.

Now a couple of quirks I ran into. When I was in the middle of the trial and error, there was a time that the adjustments to the position values that they would not change in the Print preview. It wasn't until I changed the Media Type to Printable disc (other) that the position updated. Must be a glitch in the software but I wanted to mention it in case anyone else encounters this frustration.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m Sad and anxious
    All i want to do is be able to print a playlist for the cd i have burned. Can anyone tell me how to do this simply?
    Gary Rogers
    PS I am using Nero 12 Express.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Gary- your problem is unrelated to this thread. Please start a new one.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Gary,

Importing tracklists into Nero CoverDesigner is actually "exporting" the tracklists from Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express. Both of the applications have the option to start Nero CoverDesigner. If you do so, the tracklist of the project you are working on with Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express will be exported to Nero CoverDesigner. These tracklists are then available and editable through "Data > Document Data".

You can add the track list to CD Booklet using the "Track List Tool".

If you close Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express without saving the project or without starting Nero CoverDesigner, the track list will be lost and you will have to enter the data manually.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Rick Hogan

I would suggest you use the Canon software to print your CD's to the disc tray.
    I assume you want to print on printable CD's ?

Go here: http://consumer.usa.canon.com/cusa/su...

select your operating system and download/install
    Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver. 4.1.6

It works fairly well in printing to the CD tray

You just select the layout, add the image, crop the image and print.

You can select discs with a large hole or small hole, etc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Lucky Phil,

I tried the Canon software, but it was so limited in terms of what you could do with it. I finally ended up buying Acoutica CD Label Maker, for about $20, which comes with all sorts of presets for just about every imaginable printer ever made. It works perfectly, and is very flexible in terms of letting you design your CDs to look just the way you want them to.

Rick
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Rick,
    That sounds like something I should check out.

Thanks for the info :)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• This appears to be a thread of someone else's problem. I have aMG5400 wireless printer which is not the problem. All I want to do is be able to print the track list to go in the Jewell case so I know what is on the C D. Nero Express does not give me the option of sending it to the printer. Any ideas?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Gary,
    I looked around and found an old thread on this issue ...
    http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?sh...

Basically, it seems a bit long winded, but should work.

If you have an already created audio CD and want to get the track list.

1. Insert the burned Audio-CD into one of your devices.

2. Launch Nero Burning ROM. The Nero compilation window will open. In this window please select the CD option and “Audio CD” option.
    Then NEW

Then navigate to the CD in the drive - over on the right hand side browser list.

3. Drag and drop the tracks into the “Audio 1” window.

Nero ROM will then take a while to analyse the tracks.

When finished - Select the tracks in the left hand "Audio 1" window.
    i.e. Highlight them

4. Now click on the Nero Cover Designer icon located in the toolbar.

5. After the Nero Cover Designer has completely opened, select the template you wish to use.

6. Select the label or cover you would like to use. (Tabs in the lower left hand corner: Inlay, Booklet, Disk, etc.). Now you are ready to transfer the track information to the label or cover template.

7. Select the object - insert track list tool from the toolbar.

8. Click on the template with your mouse and create a square where you would like to place the list.

The track list information should now appear.

9. The size can be adjusted after the list is created.

10. Now you can print the list.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The real solution to this problem is to spend a little money and get Acoustica CD Label Maker. It supports a wide variety of printers, as well as many brands of labels, tray liners, case inserts, etc. It works perfectly right out of the box, without having to tweak and tinker to get it to print correctly.

Rick
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Canon Pixma Printer that has the ability to print on CDs/DVDs disks and the tutorial describing the steps to do so is given below.
    Step 1: firstly Enable the Printer and Remove the Cover.
    Step 2: Enable the Printer- Changing the BIOS.
    Step 3: Install Drivers.
    Step 4: See If the Drivers Are Working.
    Step 5: Install the Software.
    for more visit - https://www.delltechsupportnumbers.co...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm