I’m sad

How to rotate a video with Nero video 2014

Some friends sent me videos captures with an iPhone. When playing in my computer I figured out that the videos are rotated (they are upside down or 90o rotated). How can I rotate the videos with Nero video?
1 person has
this question
+1
    Use "Make Advanced Movie". The below image is from Nero 12 but i's the same:

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

Another way to do that is to click on the video in the Preview window. There should be small white squares on the corners. Hover the mouse pointer over one of the squares until you see rotation arrows. Click and rotate.

Just grabbing one of the white squares will let you resize the displayed video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

Indeed, many people shoot videos on a smartphone not thinking about portrait and landscape orientation.

Nero 2014 Platinum, Nero 2014 and Nero Video 2014 provide easy ways to fix that in Express Editing Mode as well as in Advanced Editing Mode of Nero Video (you can also do that in Nero Recode if you intent just to convert your clip for your mobile device without further editing) .

As you are referring to Nero Video, I will explain how that works in Nero Video Express Editing as well as in Nero Video Advanced Editing.

Via Windows Explorer add your clip to the new drop zone in Nero Video home screen.
    The clip will be automatically added to Nero Video ‘My Media’ library and into the Express or Advanced editing timeline (Nero Video remembers the mode you used last time).

In Express Mode - click on the FX window right in the thumbnail in the storyboard. It will appear when you hover over the right upper part of the thumbnail. In the Express Effect Control window click on the ‘Rotation’ drop down list and select the suiting angle in 90 degree steps. That’s it. BTW – you can also rotate video or images in any angle right on the preview screen via the clip handles (go to one corner of the video on the preview screen and the double arrow will turn into a rotation handle, then just rotate freely).

In Advanced Mode - make sure to have a clip in the timeline. Select the clip and have the cursor over it, then click on ‘Effect Palette’. In the right hand display you will see the properties window. Click on the triangle left of ‘Rotation’ and the properties will become visible. Then click on template. Here you have the same 90 degrees angles for pre-selection as in Express Editing mode.

If you want to rotate freely drag the cursor over the angle display right of ‘Rotation’. You can also type in fixed values like 120 and press enter - the degrees will be added and the video will be rotated automatically. Again you can also do that right on the preview screen with the rotation handles
    In advanced mode you can even apply rotation paths over time when you use keyframes. To do this select the ‘Use keyframes’ selection box.

As you can see Nero Video provides easy to use straight forwards ways of achieving your results and also more advanced options when you prefer a more pro-level of handling your project.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hey,

I have an issue with rotating videos with this program. It seems everytime I rotate the videos, it is not big enough with the whole background.

I would like to know how to condense the background so that it fits with the rotated videos?

For example,

- Rotating a video that is horizontal to vertical - and needing the background to go with it?

Thanks in advance.

Tristan
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Tristan-

Would you provide some before and after screenshots. Not sure what you're describing. It could be an aspect ratio thing where you have do some resizing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm