Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

I am having issues burning my Movie made in Nero 2017 Platinum.

I am having issues burning my Movie made in Nero 2017 Platinum. Done editing made chapters and menus then burning it so I can watch on my DVD player is the issue. Having spoken with a guy a the know how team he thinks it could be a encoding issue as for some reason as an example as my movie is large I have tried to burn it on a DVD+R DL (DVD9) will not play on DVD player but is opening on Nero BLue Ray Player suggesting that the disc is burning as a blue ray disc when I haven't set this up. Any suggestions?? Ive tried saving my NVC file to a NRG file and then tried to burn to disc and also tried to export NVC to MP4 and then to see if I could burn this to disc but that way I dont have the chapters or menus as I have created in NVC. I didn't think I would have this much hassle to try and play my finished movie. I even up graded from 2015 version to see if this would help having the Burning Rom etc but no joy!! can anyone computer savvy people help me in ABC terms?
1 person has
this problem
+1
    Hi Kevin-

Did you select DVD, DVD-Video as the project type or did you select AVCHD-DVD? If you selected the latter, the disc will only play on a blu-ray player.

I don't know who the "know how team" is. Nero technical support for v2017 comes from submitting the contact form at the contact webpage unless a Nero employee happens to wander in here.
    • Hi Wither,

Thank you for your response.....I will check this out and let you know asap.
    • Hi Wither,

Having looked it is definitely DVD-Video in the Nero Burning Rom. The Know How Team are PC World's Tec guys. When I go to burn any file I have created (as you will be aware I have experimented with as much as I can) when it opens the Burning Rom the Know How Team guy stated that he thinks that the info states Data (Mode 1) and he thinks this could be an issue?? but as I am no Tec/PC Savvy person this can sometimes can go over my head. I have taken screenshots of the settings in Nero Video if that may help? Just let me know which would be best if you need to see any settings? The discs I have used are DVD-R & +R, DVD+R DL and DVD+RW.
      All files I have created are NRG which is in burning options in the Nero Video (image recorder) and a MP4 file is when I exported the movie (on the Contents page in Nero Video)so it can be watched in the laptop (this does not keep any of my chapters/menus I have created though). The main file that all editing is done (Nero Video) always saves as NVC. In the content page (where chapters are created) I have also tried setting disc format to DVD9 and using the DL discs. Hope this gives you some idea where I maybe going wrong?
      Thanks Kevin. 
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I wrote the reason for your problem and the fix a few minutes ago but it's not showing up. I'll look tomorrow morning to see if it's here.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

Here I go again-

PC World has no affiliation with Nero, to my knowledge. There's also websites which say they have "X" number of people standing by to answer your questions about any software you can think of. They suck people in and then charge them a large amount and may not answer the question. I've already described the only way to get to Nero tech support.

I don't know for sure if the .nrg contains the required Video_TS file. However, I don't think you can use the .nrg to burn a DVD-Video disc in Burning Rom. Your best change of that being successful is to use the copy/project/image function in Nero Express.

What I think you're getting is a data disc and those are not playable in most standalone DVD players.

You could just burn the project to disc in Nero Video. If you want to use Burning Rom for the burn, then you should select "Burn to Hard Drive" in the Nero Video burn screen. Designate the target folder. After burning, the Video_TS folder will be in the target folder.
    When you open Burning Rom and select DVD-Video, drag and drop the Video_TS folder into the compilation area. Burn.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I Have tried burning the project to disc in Nero Video and had no joy with that as I thought that is what should happen in this software (as it looks self explanatory) without having to upgrade to Platinum 2017 to get the Burning Rom. In my Nero Video burn screen it gives me two options (seen below) burn to my HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GU90N or image recorder which only creates the NRG file. As these are the only options in Burn Options/Burn Screen I take it image recorder is the only way to burn it to my Hard Drive as it does not state "Burn To Hard Drive?" If so this will only let me save it as an NRG file as stated and the only other option is burn straight to disc which has not been playable in standalone DVD players as you know. I have gone into Nero Express and into Image/Project/Copy section and this gives me two options Copy Disc & Disc Image or Saved Project. I have opened the Disc Image and Saved Project section but will only let me open my NRG files but no saved projects which are saved as NVC files show for me to choose. If I select an NRG file then will this just record to disc the same as a data disc or will it recode? If I copy a disc that has been burned but only opens in Nero Blue Ray Player will this only copy the exact same format so therefore will be no good to play in standalone DVD players? I have tried to drop my files Nero Video Project file(NVC) Video MP4 and NRG into Video_TS folder which states basically not possible only accepts files: Video_TS IFO, VOB, BUP and VTS_nn_oIFO, VTS_nn_oBUP & VTS_nn_mVOB.

Hope this will help you to help me? struggling to get to grips with this surely this shouldn't be this complicated? please bare with me not being PC savvy.
    Thanks Kevin.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither I will post my screenshot settings within the Nero Video so hopefully this may help to my burning process.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• After creating the menus page and checked my project page this is another screenshot on the burning options page. If everything is ok in Nero Video then we can narrow it down.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

First, your screenshots, shows that you're creating an AVCHD-DVD. I asked you about that right from the start and you said you had selected DVD-Video. As I mentioned earlier, an AVCHD-DVD will only play on a Blu-ray player. It's the reason that the disc you burned from Nero Video will not play in your DVD player. In addition, the option to burn to your hard drive will not be available. You need to be selecting DVD, DVD-Video in Nero Video.

When you use Nero Express, you should simply add the .nrg to the compilation and burn it to see if it creates a playable disc. However, there's no need to do that at this point because you're creating the wrong type of project.

In regards to your question about the .nvc files, you can only open a .nvc file in Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

Sorry for the misunderstanding as I thought you meant in the DVD Burning Rom. How can I change this to DVD-Video? Could you please advise me on this?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

For information, did you save the project as a .nrg and then burn it as a DVD-Video in Burning Rom or did you burn the project directly to disc from Nero Video? To my recollection, this question about burning .nrg files in Burning Rom hasn't come up before. I didn't have time to test it (it was a beautiful day on the golf course today but there's also a long list of honey-do's).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I saved the project as an NRG file after the DVD burn so by the time I had done all that it was very late. So I haven't had chance to create a DVD from this file as of yet but I will keep you informed. Hope you had a great day on the golf course?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I tried to drop the NRG file into the compilation area but wouldn't allow me to do so as it stated something like it was over 2GB and mentioned something about ISO (I didn't take any notes on this at this time as I wanted to get the burning to Hard Drive started as it took approximately over 4 hours). At the moment I have just completed a burn to hard drive which has given me the Video_TS folder and has dropped in to the compilation area. which I am about to burn after this message. I will try the Nero Express/NRG file way if you would like me too? just trying to save my discs at the moment till I get some more as I have wasted quite a few experimenting with the files that have been burned/saved wrong. If you want me to send a screenshot of anything regarding NRG files in burning rom or Nero Express with my size project I will just let me know and I will over the next day or so. I will give you an up date tomorrow how the new disc has burned too.

Your help has been much appreciated

Kevin
    • view 1 more comment
    • Hi Wither,

I have burned the disc last night from the Hard Drive Video_TS folder in Burning Rom and that has worked, however I have a new issues which is on both DVDs I have just burned. The movie appears to jump/freeze for 0.5 second in certain areas and looks like its not running smoothly. Sometimes its near parts I know I have edited and some areas I have not but I do know this does not happen when I have watched it in my Laptop  (when I exported  and saved the movie as an MP4 file) and also when I have watched it in Nero Video. When watching it in Nero Video I have to say sometimes whilst watching (checking my movie in the edit mode) my mouse curser would spin round every so often and freeze the movie as if something is happening in the background of the Laptop. I don't know if its Norton in the background doing  a kind of scan as this can run in the background when the Laptop is idle kind of thing or is it something like a rendering issue? But like I said the MP4 file plays great but the DVD burned disc is not so good. If it was just a couple of times may not seem so bad but there were quite a few in this which becomes annoying and I only watch approximately a 20 minute section and another 10 minute section out of the 1hr 42 minute film.

Do you have any ideas to combat this issue so that the movie plays smoothly? My details are how I burned the discs:

I have burned one movie from Nero Video: Fast Encoding(1-Pass) X4 speed and below normal on the buffer page.

I have wrote to Hard Drive: High Quality(2-Pass) and burnt the disc in Burning Rom at x4 and below normal on the buffer page.

Hope this makes sense?

I am going to try the NRG file to Nero Express this evening/over the weekend so will get back to you as soon as I've done this.

Thanks Kevin
    • Hi Wither,

I have just burned an NRG file in Image/Project/Copy in Nero Express  and it has worked. Still getting the blips/freeze/jumps thing. This stated it was successfully burned at 6x.

Having studied approximately 10-15 minutes approximately 12-14 blips/jumps/freezes happened.

I have now double checked a couple of my MP4 files of the same movie that I saved in my NVC files as TV Basic/TV widescreen/HD basic/HD normal and HD full version and one that was exported and saved at 4.58GB plays great but I exported and saved a MP4 file at 6.91GB (HD full)  and that has the blips/jumps/freezes too. So I don't get this new issue???.

So some advise on this would be appreciated please on this new matter then I think we are sorted my friend.

Then hopefully I can create my Honeymoon DVD :)

Have a great weekend if I don't hear from you till Monday.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• It's possible that you have dropped frames which aren't visible during normal playback. If you had Recode, I'd say try recoding your original files to mp4 before using them in Nero Video. Since you don't, you can try the free tsmuxer-

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimed...

and encode to a TS file which you can import into Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I do have Nero Recode it comes with Nero 2017 Platinum. Can I fix the whole movie I have created  in Nero Video and save as a file to then burn or does it have to be another way? Could you please run through any ideas that will help?

Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I would rather that you first try recoding one of your problem videos to see if it helps.

If you want to try exporting your project to file and then recoding it, I don't see why it wouldn't work but I'm not an expert.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither

If I try and recode my full MP4 movie file that plays better to a TS file this wont  have my chapters/menus like I would like to have it. (how do I achieve this?)

I have tried another saved TS file last night without any connections to Wi-Fi and turned off anti virus software to stop any background  scans interupting this and still in cetain areas if it is frame  dropping as you think it is,  Its still happening but not the exported to MP4 version.  I dont understand why one is ok but not the other?.  Do you think I need to import the MP4 version into Nero Video and create chapters and menus again? And if so do you think I may get the same issue when saving it to Hard Drive or burn straigt to disc once I have gone to all the trouble creating the other part of my whole movie again?

I hope I have made sense?  If there is a way to recode the whole movie with chapters/menus could you please advise on this as I am really not understanding this side of it.

I have looked into recoding my files and just tried/experimenting anything really to help with this matter.... uploading my TS file in recode which comes up with a message and wont upload the VTS_01-0. IFO file and Video_TS.IFO. that is in this folder I have then tried to upload my MP4 file and encode it as a MP2 file(don't know if I am right here as this file is stated in the VOB file of the TS folder) and tried to burn this straight to disc but no joy so I don't really understand what I am doing on this one. In recode it does make it simple by stating save as a TS folder kind of thing just

What gets me is when I am saving the file to Hard Drive (three times now) I am checking the files in the TS folder and playing the video and these blips/freezes/jumps or drop frames do happen are in different places...most of them anyway one or two are the same so maybe that is the way the movie is edited and I can live with that.

I watch the same part of the movie in the different file formats to compare so I know that the film/movie is ok i.e. the MP4 version with no chapters/menus but only when its saved to TS or even straight to disc with chapters/menus is the issue.

I have done some screenshots with my MP4 File uploaded in Nero Recode so you can see my choices I have. The rest appears to be for recoding to devices.

Many thanks. 
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When I was last replying, it was in my little brain that you would lose the chapters when recoding (and I think exporting) and this is a known issue to Nero. I forgot to mention it.

I really don't know what you did. You've really got me confused with your discussion of mp4 and .ts. I don't know if you only used Recode or remuxed with tsmuxer for any of the files or what file you exported that didn't have the problem. I can't sort it out.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I will go back to the beginning....sorry for any confusion but if its any consolation I am getting confused also hence why I am trying my best to give you as much info as possible.

From the start of editing: I used the original files taking off the SD card from my camcorder and uploaded to Nero Video. I have never used any recode/remuxed/tsmuxer with any of my files uploaded either at the beginning or at the end of making my movie..

I then went onto creating the movie in Nero Video which then my issue was to burn to disc with the finished movie...... which you resolved that issue for me (massive thank you).

I can say that I have exported the movie and created this NVC file to MP4 in Nero Video on the contents page.

As I stated the MP4 file plays great with no so called drop frames (blips/freezes/jumps) but if I save the NVC file to TS (write to hard drive) or NRG (image recorder) and burn to disc or a direct burn from the NVC file to disc, I get the drop frames scenario. its this I need to try to minimalize as best as I can.

If I have to burn the movie from a MP4 file to disc without chapters/menus then maybe that is the only option??

If so how can I achieve just the MP4 to disc?

If this is a problem for you then do not worry I am so appreciative that you have helped me the best you can.

Are you a part of the Nero Support Team if not I will contact them also with this new issue?

Kevin

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When you select Export, Export to file, it gets encoded and it's possible that the problem is corrected in that process. However, if that's the case, the same should occur when you burn it to disc. If it doesn't, then one normally has to take extra steps with the video before importing it into Nero Video.

Nero has taken it under advisement that one looses the chapter markers during that process. I don't know when or if, they might change that.

I think we have a terminology issue. There's no option to select .ts when you select Write to Hard Disc folder in Nero Video. I don't even think there's that option when you do a export to file unless it's in one of the Configurations for a given profile. Perhaps you will enlighten me on where your making that selection. Every app in the suite has nooks and crannies that people don't often look at.

I don't work for Nero. I'm just a volunteer who's been in here daily for over 9 years trying to help people with Nero problems. If you want to go to tech support, I have no problem. However, I would appreciate it if you would let me know how the problem is resolved. It would help others, as well as myself.
    • view 3 more comments
    • Hi Wither,

I will have an attempt over the weekend with your ideas as well as Omega Tester but as I stated earlier its having the time as its very time consuming especially with different shift patterns I work. Either way I will let you know what I have done or tried to achieve.....plus I need to get some more discs :)

cheers Kevin. 
    • Rather than burn to disc, write to your hard drive. Specify a folder for the files. It will create a video_ts folder which you can drag and drop unto Nero MediaHome, when you open it, and play it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Kevin,

I've read through this topic and thought I might make a suggestion. But first, to make sure I've understood, here's my summary:

1. You are trying to make a DVD.

2. At first there were issues having to do with creating an AVCHD DVD project instead of a DVD-Video project. Wither 1 dealt with that.

3. 20170901 at 16:49, "I have burned the disc last night from the Hard Drive Video_TS folder in Burning Rom and that has worked, however I have a new issues which is on both DVDs I have just burned. The movie appears to jump/freeze for 0.5 second in certain areas and looks like its not running smoothly." This appears to be the continuing issue.

4. 20170901 at 18:15, "I have now double checked a couple of my MP4 files of the same movie that I saved in my NVC files as TV Basic/TV widescreen/HD basic/HD normal and HD full version and one that was exported and saved at 4.58GB plays great but I exported and saved a MP4 file at 6.91GB (HD full) and that has the blips/jumps/freezes too. So I don't get this new issue???. " So, the issue is there in 'MP4' HD exports, but not 'MP4' SD exports as I read it.

5. 20170902 at 15:20, "I do have Nero Recode it comes with Nero 2017 Platinum. Can I fix the whole movie I have created in Nero Video and save as a file to then burn or does it have to be another way?" The direct answer is that Nero Recode absolutely will not fix a done deal, IMHO. If the source files are the problem, recoding them may help.

Here comes a diagram that I hope helps:

My suggestion is to do everything you can to recreate the problem at will and as quickly as possible. It may be that working with the 'MP4' HD export would satisfy that. Is it the MPEG-4 format or the AVC format? If AVC, is it with or without Hardware Acceleration?

Anyway, I would save the project as is and then save it again with another name, like Test.nvc. After restarting Nero Video and confirming the problem exists, isolate a section involved and eliminate everything else. Try the export again. If the issue persists, eliminate transitions, etc. and export again, etc. If the simplest case happens to be a single video source clip, upload that clip to one of the cloud services for others to test with and perhaps suggest ways to deal with the issue.

P.S.

20170904 14:07, Wither 1 said, "I don't work for Nero. I'm just a volunteer who's been in here daily for over 9 years trying to help people with Nero problems." I and at least one other frequent poster have asked Wither 1 repeatedly to change his avatar since it incorrectly leads new users to assume he is a Nero employee and know what he is talking about. He refuses to do it and even states that he doesn;t mind it!

As for chapters in MPEG-4, it is not a Nero 'problem' - it is a matter of chapters not beijng included in the MPEG-4 specification as I understand things. See Comparison of video container formats.

As for menu errors causing problems. See Burn Failures in AVCHD or Blu-ray Projects Caused By Button Placement.. If there is an instance of this for DVDs, a link to the topic would be nice.

Finally, Nero Burning ROM will write NRG images:

• Hi Omega Tester,

Would exporting the movie to AVC help a little do you think is it a better format to MP4? and what is Hardware Acceleration and what does it do?

Kevin
    • Kevin,

If available, hardware acceleration is provided by the Graphics Processing Unit of the display adapter. My laptop uses an on-chip Intel HD Graphics 4600 for display. It provides hardware acceleration capabilities for AVC encoding, if desired. So,if hardware acceleration is disabled, the encoding is done on the computer's CPU by software provided by Nero; if hardware acceleration is enabled, it is done by Intel software running internal to the display adapter (faster).

While not being an expert on these video formats, my understanding, as shown below, is that 'MP4' is the file extension used to indicate that the file is an MPEG-4, part 14 (or part 1?), type container. MPEG-4 is an specification with many parts describing various compression methods, testing methods, etc.

There's a list of the parts in Wikipedia topic MPEG-4:

Part 1 - Describes synchronization and multiplexing of video and audio. For example, the MPEG-4 file format version 1 (obsoleted by version 2 defined in MPEG-4 Part 14).

Part 2 - A compression format for visual data (video, still textures, synthetic images, etc.). One of the many "profiles" in Part 2 is the Advanced Simple Profile (ASP).

Part 10 - Advanced Video Coding (AVC), A compression format for video signals which is technically identical to the ITU-T H.264 standard.

Part 14 - MP4 file format. It is also known as "MPEG-4 file format version 2".

In Nero Video, the user chooses between MPEG-4 or AVC to create a video in a MP4 container. In Nero Recode, the user chooses MPEG-4 and then can choose between ASP (part 2) and AVC (part 10) in the Edit Options.

My suggestion is that you try to simplify your problem in order to determine what is causing it. There may be something about your source files that Nero is having a problem with. There could be Nero effects causing it. The goal, as I see things, is to find ways to replicate the problem, not avoid it. For example, although it's obvious that the menu is not causing problems, that could be verified by simply creating the DVD without menus. If the glitches occur at a certain spot, I would cut everything else out, etc.; alternatively, starting over by just adding the source files to the timeline and exporting without doing any edits may help isolate the problem.

If source video appears to be the problem, providing an example using one of the cloud services or providing data about the source files from the free MediaInfo program may help.

P.S. No, I am not a Nero employee. Generally, they are identified:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Omega,

Thank you for taking the time on my issues.

It may be a couple of days or so before I actually get to try your suggestions as I am busy but I will try and fit it in between jobs.

Paragraph 3: yes it appears to be a continuing issue.

Paragraph 4: yes the MP4 SD export is better than MP4 HD (even though I may get the odd freeze/jump thing) but I can live with that its when its all more frequent.

Paragraph 5:  I have only exported to MP4 file and not exported any to AVC so I cant comment whether or not the AVC file is better or not with Hardware Acceleration on.

Paragraph regarding Wither 1: First of all are you part of Nero Support Team (NST)? I would like to say that the Nero Support Team did have my screenshots regarding my settings and they did not spot this as Wither 1 did. But I have to say in both defences I may not have stated to NST that it opened up in Blue Ray Player like I have to Wither 1 without checking my notes. But he has been a great help and as best to his own knowledge and when asked if he is a part of NST he has been honest.

Can I personally thank you Omega Tester for your reply as the more info the better and I will do my best to get to have a go with the issues and get back to you asap but as I have stated could be a couple of days with working etc and these projects aren't done in 5 minutes as we all know :)

Thank again and very much appreciated

Kevin
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Omega Tester & Wither 1

At the moment I am experimenting with how I burn my project we have discussed and save it as certain files etc as I have done that many and I have lost what and how I have done this so starting again.

What I have done so far is this:

I have burned my project straight from the NVC file to DVD+R DL disc.

6X speed and below normal priority. (before I did burn at lower speeds)

Recording format options I have set it to 2 pass encoding.

This still has the same blips/freezes/jumps issue but nowhere near as bad as my previous discs.

This time I have also exported the NVC file to AVC with Hardware Acceleration ticked (even though it saves as MP4) rather than just choose straight to MP4 and I have set to 2 pass encoding and Priority below normal.

I have also disconnected my Wi-Fi and Norton Anti Virus (put in silent mode to stop any back ground checks being carried out or any interference). 

These two experiments prove to me that the exported file does play better than burning to disc. Whilst watching the last disc I have noticed that when this blip/freeze/jump happens which is only now and then..... but when they do happen I may get two or three together. I have checked the same area of the movie in my exported file and I can confirm that this does not happen at all. So to me the movie project is all ok this proves that the issue is burning it to disc or Hard drive/Image Recorder.

What I am going to do tonight is write it to Hard Drive and then see the Video_TS folder and see how bad this issue is in there. I will also do again another image disc (NRG) and burn and make note of speeds etc.

What I would like to know (don't know if I am thinking on the right track here so hear me out)

What is the best Speed for a Dual Layer Disc and priority setting? Will this help when burning to create a better smoother playing movie?

Does setting Priority (normal/below normal etc) help when writing to Hard Drive/Image Recorder?

Any preferred encoding settings (1-pass/2-pass) to certain Speed burns and priority settings?

Having seen so many different burned discs I have created (which I have got so lost in how I set my settings for each task hence starting again) the blips/freezes/jumps seem to appear at different places in the movie project. I can say one or two that I know where it will/may happen it does happen..... but this time around on my last disc I've created 09/09/2017 its not as bad as my previous burns.

I don't know what you think? but the blips/freezes/jumps happens lets say within 10 minutes of watching a certain part of the movie and nothing happens but then when it does (two or three times) the issue happens very close to one another and when I carry on watching the movie for a further 10 more minutes after the issue it happens again (maybe two or three blips/freezes/jumps)

Is this a re occurring problem within the laptop (like a background issue that happens every so often) I have that interferes when burning to disc or Hard Drive? 

My plan is to try burning at different speeds, set different priorities and encodings 1-pass/2-pass etc. as I feel this last time round its is slightly better than before although not cured.

I have now started again with new folders saving the exported file and text files as eg (WEDDING AVC BELOW NORMAL 2 PASS 09092017) and also writing on my disc 6X Speed below normal to help me identify the best settings should this help matters.(yes I have now bought a Disc Pen with my new discs so I can keep a track on this)

I know it has been brought up regarding checking each video file I have uploaded to Nero Video to see where/if there is a problem with that certain clip of video or if its a transition thing that may need taking out to stop the blip/freeze/jump.....apart from a couple of areas that I can identify where this issue will and may happen the issue is not always consistent in the other areas on each disc I've have created and looked at, so to me the original video clip cant be the issue or it would be there in the same places on every disc I have burned wouldn't it?

Look forward to hearing from you both. Hope all this makes sense?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• After going back through parts of this thread, I still think there's a problem with the menu since it seems that you only get the problem when you use a menu (you don't export from the menu editing screen). Would you try selecting "do not create a menu" in the menu editing screen and then burning the project to your hard drive?
    • Hi Wither,

I have imported my AVC file that I have recently created over the weekend knowing that this file is good to watch. I have then done the above mentioned but instead I have burned to disc with no menus instead, and I have checked the same areas of the movie where I know the Blips/freezes/jumps will be and there is nothing... it plays brilliant.....only one snag the DVD plays the movie as a smaller screen to the size of the TV screen (so you get a kind of border around the movie)

As I have recently created and used the new AVC file (Instead of MP4 file) if I export the movie as MP4 rather than to AVC would my movie play on the DVD the full 16:9 screen rather than a smaller version as I have described?

I am going to create another file to Hard Drive now straight from my original Movie in NVC (save as a new NVC file) and do this without the menus again and I will get back to you.

So it the menus are the issue what next? how do I over come this?

Thanks again Kevin.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If the original is 16:9, then it should play that way on a 16:9 screen, unless you chose something like TV Standard, which is 4:3, to make your DVD-Video. Have you checked in the Recording Format Options to make sure you're using 16:9?

To evaluate your menu, I'd have to see a screenshot of it. Maybe more than one screenshot if you're using a chapters menu.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I have watched the Video-TS folder that wrote to hard drive last night (no menus) and that in the area that I always check this is a lot better but out of about 20-25 minutes it only blipped/freeze/jumped approximately 3-4 times. I may be wrong but I think a couple were in different places to what I have seen before but not double checked with previous file/DVD. But again a lot better.

If I take screenshots of the menus etc what will you actually need? anything specific?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't think you ever tried recoding with Recode, as I suggested before.

I need a screenshot of the Title menu after you've done all your customizing. Do everything as you did originally.

If you have a chapters menu, provide a screenshot of the first one.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I don't see anything untoward in your Main Menu.

Open Recode and select Import Video Files. Import a problem file. Select mpeg-4 under "for what device." Click on OK. Click on Start Encoding. Let her rip. Use the resulting video in your project.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Wither just a thought is it the original video you want me to encode? reason I am asking is my original video clips taken from the SD card recorded on the camcorder are very lengthy ones I used a total of approximately 45-46 clips taken over the whole wedding day totalling around 4 and a half hours of video play which I have narrowed down to 1 hour 42 minutes. Each clip were edited and cropped at different lengths within Nero Video and some areas I separated the audio from the video and used the audio underneath a different part of the video.

e.g. The evening reception of the wedding (night time) consists of dancing and people having a good time DJ etc. but on certain files our friend who was filming forgot himself and was singing which the camera picked up. So I separated the Audio from this video and managed to add audio (from a part of another video clip at the evening reception still) under the video that I wanted to keep hence the audio will still give the sound of the DJ and not over dubbed music from something else so it still sounds as part of the evening reception.

For me to get the  original parts to how I have edited them (the ones that may blip/freeze/jump) and then encode them may not be the same due to all of my editing/transitions created if you understand me?
    • view 1 more comment
    • Hi Omega Tester,

To be honest I have been thinking of doing the above said for a bit now... importing a successful exported file and then creating the menus again to see if that would work? I just wanted to avoid having to go through all that hassle and then still have an issue that's all but lets be honest I could have created the menus/chapters by now, how long this is taking to resolve :) maybe it will work maybe it wont who knows but I know by the time I have finished this I will have had enough of watching our big day. It does take the edge off it. I am chuffed and so is my Wife on how I have created this wedding video and put it all together for a first time user of Nero but now getting fed up and frustrated.

I have just checked in properties on a video clip (original one copied from the SD card and saved on an external Hard Drive) and that the file states: MTS file (.mts).

I don't use any accounts such a drop box or cloud so unfortunately I wont be able to send anything sorry.
    • Kevin,

I'm pretty certain that menus are not the issue, but I would create a DVD structure on the hard drive without menus first. Then, afterwards, add chapters and menus.

To see if the source files are an issue, I would start a new DVD project, import some at random, drag them to the timeline, and write a no menu DVD structure to the hard drive. If they are a problem, recoding them to MPEG-4 (AVC) would require starting over. Remuxing or recoding them retaining the current format may help but that would require something like the free XMedia Recode. I've been able to replace files without reedits for small projects, but no guarantees. If you want to try replacing one of the files, but don't want to get involved with other tools, a free DropBox account can be created here. There is a 2 GB limit for free accounts. I will redo the file and make it available.

Here's a video I made for another user learning to use DropBox:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Did you use the crop effect or did you use the scissors to "cut" your video and then remove the unwanted parts? Perhaps you used the trim function.

Only you know where the problem (s) are occuring so that would be the video to try recoding.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither and Omega,

Just a quick up date I burned another disc last night as I have also been burning discs at 4X, 6X and now at the speed 8x and below normal (priority) and pass 2 encoding......I have quickly watched this in the areas that are common to Blip/Freeze/jump and there is nothing at all in these areas :) my only scenario now is if this has cured my issue i.e. wrong burning speeds how do we over come when writing it to hard drive as this doesn't give you a speed to write it?

I have been told to try and burn/write it lower than normal speed stated on the disc and also to set priority to below normal.

So the speed may have cured my disc but writing it to hard drive may be a problem. Any ideas?

What I will take on board is in my next project I will encode all files to MP4 before creating the movie in Nero Video and will be in touch when I complete the new one. When this will be is another story but I will keep in touch to let you know definitely.
    • Hi Wither 1 & Omega Tester

Hope both of you are well?

I have now done my second movie as you advised by converting my movies clips into MP4 and then edited the movie and also I have only burned to disc at the speed it states on the discs with chapter menus etc and I have no issues regarding blips/freezes/jumps so I will from now on do any movie this way.

I have not saved it to hard drive as of yet so wont know if this also helps. But at least I know I can produce a DVD without any issues thanks to you both.

I have a question.

I am now doing another movie from old footage filmed on a camcorder in 1994 that was put onto a video then onto DVD from the video. I have converted the DVD into MP4 file and the film length is 2 hours and 10 mins. What I want to do is to chop/trim into sections so that I can import the whole film in sections into Nero Video for editing rather than uploading the whole one file and trimming it in the editing section where I have to drag parts from one end to another (pain in the back side).

Could you please advise me can I do this within my Nero Product or do I need to download a software? and if I do need to download which one is the best to get with you experience?

Thank in advance.

Kevin
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No matter how you do it, the number of operations will be about the same as when using Nero Video.

In regards to dragging parts from one end to another, you could make all your cuts/trims on the timeline. Then, click on the double upward pointing arrows on the top left side of the timeline. That will put you in the Arranging screen. You can then move the individual clips around, as desired.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither,

I have done this but having so many cuts/trims each individual section is so tiny to work with like this I would rather have my sections put into my media area as if I have imported each section.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Although tedious, you could use the Trim function in Recode and then recode to file. Far more time consuming than using Nero Video.

You could also export each of your clips to file and then import them but, that's also very time consuming.

Are your small clips so small that you can't tell what they are in the Arranging screen?
    • Hi Wither,

Yes they are and I have trimmed/cut quite a lot in the timeline over this 2 hours and 10 minute DVD/Video.

I have made a start doing the sections in recode and this is working great. As I have already made cuts in the timeline I have opened my Nero Video project and opened up Recode and I am opening each section on the timeline in Nero Video to get exact start and finish times for what I want and then open trim in editing part of Recode and entering the exact time of each section that way.

Maybe to some might be a long way around this but works for me at the moment. Because I have already cut my sections in timeline this has helped to give me the information I need for trimming in Recode if this makes sense?
    • The export of your clips to file in Nero Video that I mentioned is done as indicated by Omega Tester. You would right click in the grey space of the time scale at the top of the timeline and select Enable Workspace. Then you can use the available markers to encompass which ever clip you want to export. In v2018 (and v2017), you can export more than one clip at a time.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Kevin,

From the Nero Video manual:

"If you want to adapt the area of your compilation that will actually be transcoded or exported into a video, you can activate the Enable WorkSpace entry in the context menu of the time scale and move the Workspace Mark In and Workspace Mark Out markers to shorten the active (white) workspace. However, files to the left and right of the markers (gray space) stay fully available for editing. "
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm