Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

I have a cd duplication project in Nero 9. Will Nero Burning ROM 2018 be able to read and use that project?

Will Nero Burning ROM 2018 be able to read and use that project?
Will it upgrade it automatically?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Bill-

I don't know what is a CD duplication project. Would you please explain in more detail. It sounds like you have some kind of file that you can run and control Burning Rom. The only way I know of doing that is to create a file using Nero CMD.

I also don't know what you mean by "upgrade it automatically."

Note that Burning Rom hasn't changed significantly since v9.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I call it a project. I have a disk image and a disk label created from within Nero 9. I use those to create the CD's and print with lightscribe.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Ok. Thanks for the information.

In regards to the disc label, did you create that in CoverDesigner? If so, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use it in CoverDesigner 18. Note that this is a free download but you would need to purchase v2018 to use LightScribe. I recommend Platinum. I don't know why you want to switch to a later Nero version.

I still don't know how you use a disc image to burn other files. If you burn a CD image, it will be a carbon copy of the compilation you created. It wouldn't support a different compilation. Maybe if you walk me through what you were doing in v9 to use this disc image and label, I'd better understand. I have v9 installed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you for the information in the first part.
    As for the disk image, I am creating duplicates of the original. The content is not changing. My customer orders disks on a regular basis and I duplicate them and print the label with lightscribe. When ever they want new content, they send me a new master disk and I create a new image for duplication.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If all you have is Burning Rom and it is a purchased version, you should be able to use LightScribe.

As far as burning an image, you can open Burning Rom and select Cancel. In the Recorder menu, you can select Burn Image. However, you would be able to burn a label using this approach. I also think you can simply double click on an image file and Burning Rom will open to burn the compilation.

I don't have a LightScribe drive so I'm taking the liberty of printing the procedure from the help file for an earlier version. I don't have Win 10 so I can't access the Know-How app to see if the same information is there. I'm doing this to help people who might want to do the same thing and they see this thread.

However, when you create the compilation and import your image file, it will ask you if you want to burn it, select no.

"It is possible to burn the label several times to the same LightScribe disc. The printed labels will be aligned. This darkens the label and often improves the quality. It is also possible to extend the label with new elements in an additional burn process.

The following requirement must be fulfilled:▲A LightScribe recorder is selected.To print a label within your compilation, proceed as follows:

1.Select the desired compilation type in the New Compilation window.
    (In the case that the New Compilation window is not opened, it can be opened by clicking the New button on the main screen.).

2.Click the Misc tab.

3.Select the Print label check box in the LightScribe area.

4.Click the Create button.°The CD Label Editor window is opened.

5.Create your label or open an existing one that you have created with Nero CoverDesigner.

The interface in the CD Label Editor window and the procedure for creating labels work on the same principle as Nero CoverDesigner. Please see the Nero CoverDesigner user manual for full instructions on how to make professional looking covers and labels.

6.Set further options that you require.

7.Click the New button. °The New Compilation window is closed and the selection screen is displayed.

8.Select the files to burn (see Compiling Data Disc).

9.Insert a blank LightScribe CD with the data side facing down.
    10.Click the Burn Now button.°The burn process starts and the compilation is burned. A progress bar indicates the progress being made by the burn process. When the burn process is complete the disc is ejected. A window is opened with the message "Please insert a LightScribe disc into the drive with the label side facing down".

11.Insert the LightScribe disc into the recorder with the label side facing down and click OK.°The LightScribe Print Properties window is opened and the print process starts. In the LightScribe Print Properties window a progress bar indicates the progress being made. When the print process has finished, a window is opened with the message "Burn process completed successfully".

12.Click the OK button.2The disc is ejected. You have burned the compilation and printed a LightScribe label."

I also don't know if the the Label Creator will read your image file to automatically add the titles (data) to the label. You might have to add those manually.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited