Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

I have Nero Burning ROM 2018 and it does not recognize mp3 data (Music), writing "unerwartetes Format" (unexpected Format)

Serial number REMOVED!
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Michael-

Are you selecting Audio CD in Burning Rom?

You might get that message if your mp3 files are older than 2011 (I think) since most of them back then were copy protected. If you're downloading mp3 files, they also might be copy protected if the website prohibits reproduction. However, I think something else is going on.

Would you mind uploading one of your problem mp3 files to a cloud service such as dropbox.com and providing a link to it?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I do not think that the copy protection is the reason because in the list of the supported formats in the corner down right mp3 is not listed at all - I wanted to drag mp3 files from the hard disk of my pc to burn an audio cd and the system does not recognize any mp3 file, so I doubt it has to do with protection. I uploaded all recent Nero updates.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I open Burning Rom and select CD, Audio CD. I then click on New.

If I right click on the compilation area and select Add Files, Windows Explorer opens. If I then click to show the list of available formats, this is what I see-

Can you reproduce that?

In addition, after selecting New, do you have the Browser active (View, Browsers)?

If so, can you browse to and drag and drop a mp3 to the compilation area?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited