Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

i installed Nero 2016 to an offline computer, how do i register it

I installed Nero 2016 to a PC that is not connected to the internet and is not intended or configured to be online, how do i register the serial Number offline, will this affect Nero working in the future
1 person has
this question
+1
    Hi burgerbern-

Send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com with a brief explanation of the problem. Include your serial number. They will provide you a number which you can use for offline activation.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• follow up: Recieved a serial number by email today to input in the nero control center to activate 3rd party limited patents, unfortunately the Nero control center will not open whatever i do which has included making sure i tried to run it by rightclicking with admin rights although i am the admin for the PC anyway, the folder has 2 files and a folder ncc.exe one that is something like ncc helper and runs a DOS program and the folder seems to be full of language option folders, i even reinstalled nero Burning Rom 2016 by the official download from the sales acknowlegment email as well as by a offline installer both seemed to install ok but in neither inxstance does ncc.exe run. just a box pops up with error mesage
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, the good news is that you got rapid turnaround to your e-mail.

I have no idea if it will work but let's try a back door approach-

Open Nero MediaHome. Click on Help and Add Serial Number. Insert your new serial number. Does that work without error?

I don't know anything about these off-line installers. I see them all over the web but don't know which one is officially from Nero. The description of the Nero ControlCenter folder is correct. Do all the different apps start?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• This morning i uninstalled Nero 2016 and deleted 3 instances of nero entries in the registry, i then intalled it again from the download made from the purchase confirmation email link (the only difference between the online and offline installer is the offline one installs some install pre-requistits before starting the main install) both exe's have the same version number and file size, this time i let it install all as default, last time i unticked the updates box as being offline did not seem to make any sense to install it, this time i let it,

2 program groups were installed on the start menu,

one named Nero which had inside 2 shortcuts "Nero ControlCentre" and "Nero Cover Designer" clicking on "Nero ControlCenter" produced a box stating "Nero ControlCenter has stopped working" the cover designer shortcut works ok.

the other folder has again 2 shortcuts "Nero 2016" which hovering the mouse over it comes up with "Nero Launcher" and this also produces a box with the same error message but referencing this program, the other shortcut is "Nero Burning Rom" that appears to work ok

there is no link for Nero Media Home

inside program files a folder called Nero is added with 5 sub folders

"Affiliate" which has Stashimi.exe in it, no idea what that is for
    "Nero 2016" quite a lot of files in there including "Nero Launcher" which fails
    "Nero ControlCenter" as described in previous post running the NCC helper brings up the aforsaid mentioned DOS box and that runs through about 10 lines saying "waiting for pipe 1 then 2 and 3 etc for a total of about 10 tries and then closes
    "Nero Cover designer"
    "Update"

i also rebooted before trying the shortcuts the OS is Windows 7 Home premium 32bit, the PC i am typing this from is windows 7 professional 64bit which has Nero 8 running on it and i have owned about 5 other versions of Nero over the years and this one (Nero 2016) is the only one that has given me any trouble.

I know there is at least one entry in the registry for a serial number linked to the ControlCenter but there is no serial number in that entry unlike the main Nero registry entry which contains the main key provided at purchase, so i do not know if that is expecting the main registration key or this additional one sent to me in response to my support email

i have not tried to actually burn a CD but nothing gives me the idea that the main burning rom program will not function
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Personally, I think you would be best off asking techsupport@nero.com where to get the offline installer.

The installers you're using are simply making a mess. The first one doesn't install any of the Nero apps. The second one is doing a partial install. For instance, in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero folder there should be a KM folder (which is Nero MediaHome and a Nero D2D folder.

If you want to try an installer, go to nero.com, downloads and download/install the trial version. During that install, I would use the off-line serial number provided by tech support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Solved in a way, i now have it all working but in order to do so i had to turn the house upside down, currently the modem comes in downstairs in the living room and the output is cabled upstairs to the computer room where it feeds a home wired network of 3 computers via a wired/Wireless router with wireless output for the 3 tablets.

so what i did was disconnnect the feed to upstairs and move the offline PC from the ibrary into the living room where i could connect directly to the modem (i had antivirus in the form of AVG Free which i update by downloading the new updates in the comp room and updating via memory stick) i connected to nero and downloaded the stub trial installer and ran it but it always failed with a cannot find a file to download partway through so in the end i took the installer i downloaded from my purchase email link and ran that.

It installed ok but then something different happened, control center opened and found updates online for Nero Launcher and something else and after that i could then open all parts of Nero and input the other key.

this is Nero Burning ROM 2016 which only has the burning prog and the Cover designer so no other parts like the media centre you mentioned come with it as it is the most basic Nero version, i have all the bells and whistles on my main PC upstairs

so happy ending but not possible offline, personally i hate all this internet install only stuff that goes on these days as well as compamies that think we all want to be on facebook and twitter and have no other means to interact with them, those companies lose out with me as if i cannot get to a web page or email them i do not buy. at least Nero responded very fast on my support query so that was good

and many thanks to you for your help and patience, it was not solved the way we were trying IE: offline but at least all is up and running
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Great.

I didn't realize that you only had Burning Rom since you initially said Nero 2016. I also didn't know about your setup.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm