Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Import a BDMV or DVD folder in Nero Video 2017 ?

How do you import a Blu-ray BDMV folder structure into Nero Video 2017 ? I looked at the Nero Video 2018 Trial in case they added the option but still cannot determine how to do it. In 'Capture & Import' on the Home page in Nero Video 2017, it states 'Import from AVCHD' but no Blu-ray ? Even selecting 'Import from AVCHD' and selecting a BDMV folder it states 'The folder cannot be recognized as a AVCHD folder' (obviously). It's the same if you want to import a DVD folder structure in Nero Video 2017 or 2018 in that it doesn't seem possible or am I missing an option on the Home page ? In Nero Video it's simple to cut out parts from the videos, for example, and/or keep or change chapters.

In 'Create Disc' on the Home page if clicking on 'Blu-ray Disc' and then on 'Import' it doesn't allow the import of a BDMV folder, only a AVCHD folder or AVCHD Disc. Same if you select Create DVD > DVD-Video you can import a AVCHD disc or folder but no DVD-Video folder.

Many thanks.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • You can't import the folder, you can only import the .m2ts streams in the folder. For a video_ts folder, you can only import the .vob files.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Wither,

I've discovered that the only way to import a VIDEO_TS folder is to drag it to the white area in Nero Video 2017.

On the Nero Video 2017 Home page, select either Blu-ray Disc or DVD -> DVD-Video, then drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the white area and it imports automatically!

The problem is that importing only the .vob files causes a 1 second pause in playback in Nero Video and in the output (exported) video whenever there is two or more videos in the timeline and playback from one video to the next causes a 1 second pause. However, if dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into the white area causes Nero Video 2017 to read all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder so doesn't have that 1 second pause when going from one video to the next in the timeline during playback. Hope this is useful to somebody!

However, if selecting Blu-ray Video in the Nero Video 2017 Home page and dragging the BDMV folder to the white area nothing happens. It can't be imported.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• In regards to the pause, when you select one of the disc projects and then import the folder, it will import the streams. Then, you should use the Join to make them one title. Does that get rid of the pause?

Whether you select a disc project of one of the "Make" options, you can always use Import, Import Files to browse to the folders and import the stream files. That may be what you need to do with BDMV folder.

If you select one of the "Make" options and import the stream files by browsing, you shouldn't get any pause since the files are automatically joined.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm