Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated, sad

Impossible to uninstall Nero 2014. How may I uninstall Nero 2014?

Hello
I'm really disappointed with this. When a software developer create a program, what you expect is you can uninstall it without problems if necessary.
Okay, I cannot !
Someone installed here in my computer a Nero Burning Rom 2014 trial version, and I want to remove it.
I go to control pannel... then I try to uninstall it... I see a window telling me the uninstall process start... and now... my browser open, ask me for a survey, the browser tell me nero 2014 was uninstalled and THAT IS NOT TRUE.
Nero 2014 still there.
I can see it in my all programs list...
And also continue ready to be uninstalled if I go again to control pannel.
No changes are applied, nero continue there, and even if you click over the Nero icon, you can run it.
What kind of uninstall is this?
I really do not find this serious, from a brand so reputable and famous as Nero... so I ask you please, for a solution, and tell me how to uninstall it?
Thanks
6 people have
this question
+1
  • The survey should only ask you why you're uninstalling it. If you answer that, does it uninstall?

Depending on your answer, I can tell you how to remove it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I answered the survey, in fact, if I try to uninstall Nero 2014 again, the survey start again and I see a message telling me the survey was accomplished...
    The process is as follows
    1) I go to control pannel... programs... uninstall a program...
    2) Programs and features window open showing me all programs...
    3) I see Nero Burning ROM 2014 listed
    4) I press the uninstall button
    5) Then the uninstall program start and Window's UAC (User Account Control) ask me to allow the file d42b9.msi to start
    6) I say yes...
    7) Nero continue... and begin to gather information...
    8) The browser open... your website start, and I see a message in big letters tell me Nero Software Successfully Uninstalled...
    9) In that window ask me if I have 5 minutes to tackle the survey? I click in the link there... I replied the first time the questions... and now if I try to enter there again, I get the message You have already completed this survey.
    10) Nero continue in the Programs and features window... and I can run it and start it perfectly, so no hint about what is happening? and why I cannot remove it?
    I am administrator
    I run Windows 8.1 64 bits with all the updates

So basically, yes, I replied the survey, and it did not uninstall...
    However, before answering the survey, your website announce it was successfully uninstalled, and that's not true.
    So how may I remove it?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I'd like you to do a registry check.

Run regedit.exe.

Go here- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero

Is Burning Rom shown within that key?

If it is and you have no other Nero software installed, you can delete the Nero key (don't delete the Software key). You might want to set a system restore point or to save the current registry before doing that if you're antsy about doing a registry edit.

Afterwards, you can delete the Nero Burning Rom folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero if you have a 64 bit system or C:\Program Files\Nero if you have a 32 bit system. There are so many places that there are Nero folders, I can't list them all.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m tired, sad, frustrated, confused
    Hello
    This is strange because I see two NEROs... and it's strange because this computer is brand new and I never installed here a NERO 11 ? but I see the key NERO 11 also... ? so I don't know how is that there?
    I tell you what I have...
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero
    Inside \Nero
    I have...
    NERO 11
    NERO 15
    Inside Nero 11 I have...

\Nero 11
    \Shared
    \NeverShowMeAgain

Inside Nero 15 I have a lot of folders...
    \Nero 15
    \NeroBurningRom
    \AdvanceWizard
    \AutoSave
    \BootCD
    \Browser
    \Cache
    \CDCopy
    \Compilation
    \Database
    \es-ES_Settings
    (inside this I have a lot of folders)
    \General
    \Info
    \IsoDoc
    \Recorder
    (inside this I have more folders)
    \SaveTrackOptions
    \Settings
    (inside this I have more folders)
    \SourceDrive
    \UDFDoc

Please, tell me step by step what do I have to delete?
    Nero 15 and Nero 11 entries?
    Is that what I have to delete?

I can do that by clicking over Nero 11, then pressing right mouse button, and then selecting erase from the menu...
    Do you want me to do that with both things Nero 11 and Nero 15?

I guess Nero 11 could be there, because this computer was in the shop several weeks, and perhaps people there were testing the BluRay recorder... so perhaps they installed Nero 11, but, I never installed that.

So how may I uninstall Nero 15?
    Also... when I insert a new DVD automatically Nero 15 start... so if I delete things in the registry, please, be sure, I won't get that behaviour again, and Windows won't search Nero 15 to record the brand new inserted DVD... ?

Please, let me know step by step 1.,2.,3...
    what should I do?

For these cases in which Nero cannot be uninstalled, don't have NERO a cleaning tool to remove the Nero 15? I think you had that for previous versions... don't have NERO something similar for Nero 15?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• v14 creates a Nero 11 folder, if one doesn't exist, and places certain things in it.

Just delete the Nero portion of that key which, of course, will delete the nero 11 and Nero 15 entries.

I forgot to mention, you should reboot after editing the registry.
    • The Nero General Clean Tool is for v9 and earlier.
    • 1) Okay, so I will go to...
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER
      \Software
      and there, over \Nero (which contains \Nero11 and \Nero15) I will delete \Nero by pressing over it with the left mouse button, and when it be highlighted I will press with the right button, and in the menu, I will choose delete...
      So deleting \Nero I will delete both entries inside \Nero11 and \Nero15

2) And then, I reboot.

3) After reboot, you suggest me to go directly to C:\Program Files (x86) and there delete the whole \Nero folder, right? (I have a 64 bits system, and the only Nero folder I have is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero)

Is that correct? - Please, confirm me -

Okay, when I do that, what is the next step?

At this point I find two problems

1) I guess NERO Burning Rom 2014 will continue stay listed in the list of installed programs... so how do I remove it from the Programs and features window?

2) How do I remove it from the Installed Apps in Windows 8? I guess it will continue listed there

PS NERO AG don't have any clean utility for version 15 to force uninstall?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Your method of deleting the nero from the registry is correct.

When you do the registry edit and reboot, Nero should no longer show up in Programs and Features.

Yes, delete the Nero Folder from C:\Programs Files (X86).

You can do a search for Nero on your C: drive and delete all instances you find.

There is no clean tool for (Burning Rom 15)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Okay, I'll do that.
    Should I create a registry back up?
    If so? how may I do that?
    and in case it fails? how may I replace the corrupted registry with the one I did the backup?
    I am pretty sure I won't mess anything, because I will delete only the Nero entry, but I want to be as safe as possible, because the registry is a major thing.
    This is the first time I do a registry backup, so please, let me know how may I do that?
    After knowing this, I'll be ready to start.
    Also, I think this thread will be very useful to everyone having these problems, because we are dealing with the subject, step by step, so basically this thread can serve as a guide.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As I mentioned earlier, you can either set a system restore point or copy the registry.

When you run regedit.exe, you can export either part of the registry or the whole thing.

To save the whole thing, click on Computer so that everything is showing. Click on File\Export. Give it a easy to remember name and save it to a folder that you can easily remember. If something went awry after the registry editing, you would just run regedit.exe again. Select File\Import and import the saved registry.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello
    I received a file from NERO AG called Nero First Aid kit and it removes all the registry entries about NERO, so basically my registry is clean without manual intervention.
    I do not see any longer NERO Burning Rom 2014 in the program and features window, so basically I cannot uninstall it because it is not there
    However, the program still present in its folder so the killing question is may I delete manually the NERO folder in Program files?
    I tried also to introduce a blank DVD to see if NERO Start and no, it doesn't start so basically we have a clean registry and only a folder pending to delete.
    May I delete it?
    What do you recommend?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes, delete it. Since you don't want Nero on your system, there's no need to keep the folders.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Okay, I tried to delete the folder Nero and it is impossible, some files cannot be deleted
    Here is the path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero

However, inside I have a folder that says update
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update

And I cannot delete this folder, because when I try to delete it, says that other program is using the files inside this folder

The files inside are...
    NASvc.exe
    NASvcPS.dll

And I have another folder called es-ES
    with more files inside...

I tried to see if I have a background process running from Nero, and yes, it is service running in the background and it is called...
    NAUpdate Nero Update

So what may I do next?
    How may I delete these files?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It may help to disable the Nero services and restart Windows. Then, try removing the folders. Open Task Manager; select the Services tab; click "Open Services" at the bottom.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi there, I've stopped the service NAUpdate Nero Update
    and then... deleted the folder... NERO at...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero
    and was deleted perfectly

The current situation is this:
    1. I've run the file NeroFirstAidKit with administration rights and it cleaned all the registry with Nero entries
    2. After doing this, the behaviour of the PC when entering blank DVDs is not launching NERO because it is not present in the system (no registry entries)
    3. However, we still have the folder NERO with the stuff inside, which is impossible to delete because we have a service running in the background (NAUpdate Nero Update)
    4. To stop the service I press Crtl+Alt+Del, I go to Task Manager and then I click the tab services...
    5. I find the service NAUPdate in the list, I click over it with the right mouse button and stop the service
    6. Now I go to delete all NERO stuff at C:\Program Files (x86)\
    I find the NERO folder and delete it
    7. The folder was deleted perfectly
    8. I've restarted the system and it is working fine

HOWEVER !
    We still having the direct access Icons in the Start menu... All programs...
    I mean here:

So how do I remove it from there?

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Nope, you can't do that. There is no unpin option the options are just those you see in the blue bar, so to remove it, we have to do it manually deleting stuff in Windows.
    I would be grateful please, someone from NERO tell me how to remove this.
    I really don't know why NERO AG, don't have an uninstall utility in these cases.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I would delete the Nero folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Nero"
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I'm a bit worried... are you sure I won't botch anything?
    • view 1 more comment
    • Yes, there we have only shortcuts, but... the reason to be nervous is because if I delete the shortcuts manually, I don't know if then... Windows 8 could have a strange behaviour when displaying all programs, for example, giving me an error?
      Basically if you remove the shortcut, when you click over it, Windows should be able to detect it is not there anymore, and give you the option to delete it... but... I am not sure, and before destroying the computer, I would need to be sure if this would work or not...
      Gosh I don't want to format it again, I spend a lot of time to make everything work fine
    • Windows simply displays what's in those Start Menu folders so that you can access your programs. The installation program puts them there. If you want to make a test, find the BurningROM shortcut and copy/paste it to make an additional shortcut. Rename it "MyShortcut". It should show up on your start screen.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello, tried to delete the folder, and even with the folder deleted, NERO continue listed in all programs... so how may I remove it?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Well, if you deleted all of the Nero folders in the Start Menu tree, I don't know where those shortcuts you're seeing are located. Are they on the Apps display of the Start screen as above? If so, and you right-click on one and then choose to go to the enclosing folder as you did above, where does it go?

I just deleted the BurningROM shortcut from my "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\Nero 2014" folder and it was no longer listed on the Apps display. I undeleted it and it returned to the Apps display.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi back
    I removed finally NERO from the all programs list.
    Curiously, if you delete the folder where the direct access icons are in, all programs continue watching the direct access icons... but... if you enter inside the folder NERO and delete first all the direct access icons inside, and later, the folder, then yes, you remove completely the NERO Burning ROM entry in the all programs list
    Okay
    I am almost done with this...
    1) Removed NERO from the Registry with the NERO First Aid Kit Utility
    2) Deleted the folder where we have the installation files
    3) Removed the NERO entry from all programs list...

But... we continue having a process running in the background and I would like to kill it forever.

If I go to the task manager, by pressing crtl+alt+del and I go to services...
    I continue having the process NAUpdate
    It is stopped, but it is there bugging my computer...
    so how may I kill this process?
    and also, what other processes should I look related to NERO that could be floating in the background?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I would try disabling the service instead of stopping it. Note the location of the update program in the properties. Mine is here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe".

Then, restart and rename the above Nero folder to NeroX or something else. That should do it. Restart and check that the service is not there and no bad things have happened. Then, delete the renamed Nero folder.

Assuming everything is now good, a search for "Nero" is in order, I guess.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Run msconfig.exe

In the Services tab, disable all Nero services such as NBService, Nero Update, etc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello
    I am not meaning disabling the services, I am meaning, killing them forever.
    I don't need NAUPdate because I am not having NERO installed, so why should I have the service there, disabled, running in the background?
    If I install NERO 2015 when it be released, then, it would install their services...
    What I want is to kill the NERO services in order I don't have them floating in the background, even if they are disabled.
    To disable a service you only have to go to the task manager, services, click with the right button of the mouse and then disable...
    But what I want is to kill the service in order I don't see listed in the services window anymore...
    I want to do this, because I am not using NERO so I won't need those services...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jesús Sánchez,

I don't think there will be any Nero program running in the background if the service is disabled. However, if you want every single reference to Nero removed, I think it might be best to go back to techsupport@nero.com and request a new improved "first aid kit" that will complete the job.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The problem are not NERO programs running, the problem is a system that is not clean, I want to kill the services to have my system clean.
    I really don't know if NERO will create a better first aid kit. I find strange that programs cannot be uninstalled? and I find more strange that NERO stopped to develop the cleaning tools.
    Crisis is everywhere and I don't know if creating programs that later on cannot be uninstalled, is a marketing strategy.
    Please, don't pay attention to my comments, are probably highly especulative, also I don't want to talk about it.
    What I want is my computer clean, it's my right to have it clean.
    Someone installed a NERO in my computer, and I want it clean. So for what reason should I have those services disabled? I want my computer with those servicess removed... so that is my question.
    I think you can kill services in Windows, but not sure how...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jesús Sánchez,

I suppose there are registry entries that could be deleted to rid the services list of references to Nero. Have you searched your registry for NAupdate?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    i cannot remove or uninstall nero from my pc windows 8.1 showing errors like 2502/2503 namely runscript is not marked
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Is this your only version of Nero installed? Which version is it?

I suspect it can't find the .msi for Nero.

As mentioned by Kent, you could use CCleaner.

You could also do some registry edits just so it doesn't show it as installed. We can get into that later.

Or, you could send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy
    Hopefully, you got it off by now...BUT,
    I just had the same issue, Control panel, nothing, clean tool nothing. I pout the disk in and started the installation, click "REMOVE", that finally cleaned it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That's So Disgusting.
    I Have Read The Whole Conversation. 1 Word Reply to Nero Is. They Have Successfully Failed This Time.
    My Suggestion to Nero-Customer Is God,Please Don't make Suffer and Waste Valuable Time.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2017-11-01.
    see the change log
  • I have been trying to update to the newest version of Windows 10 using the Windows 10 updater. It keeps stopping at 32% and gives a message that I have to "uninstall Nero - Burning Rom because it is not compatible with the upgrade". I've downloaded three different removal tools trying to get it all, but I still keep getting this error message during the update process. The tools no longer find any trace of Nero, but despite a lot of attempts and a lot of restarts, it keeps occurring. Absolute, IObit and Revo are the uninstallers I've used. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm