Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

In 2018 Platnium: In the Effect Pallet Clip Art and Backgrounds are empty. WIll there be a contnent package to include these?

In 2018 Platinum: In the Effect Pallet Clip Art and Backgrounds are empty. WIll there be a content package to include these?
2 people have
this question
+1
  • Dear All, I just learned that the content packs have NOT been listed in the email. Here are the links for manual donwload and install:
    http://www.nero.com/download.php?id=n... (800 MB)
    http://www.nero.com/download.php?id=n... (540 MB) <= All the cool new stuff
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m frustrated
    I downloaded the 2 content files by selecting Nero Content!

But Since5.5: I cannot get Nero Mediahome to work - it just pups up and goes down - and here I cannot see anything in the logfiles of windows. Nero Mediabrowser works fine! I have uninstalled Nero Mediahome from 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions and installed the 2018 version again - but it dos not work! What to do now?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi, the following will help but you will potentially lose all metadata from previous versions like faces, albums, playlists.
    - Open Windows Explorer
    - Enter %AppData% and press enter
    - Click on AppData in the path (before Roaming)
    - Click the folder Local
    - Delete the folders Nero and Nero_AG
    - Restart Nero MediaHome

German:
    - Öffnen Sie Windows Explorer
    - Geben Sie %AppData% ein und drücken Sie Return
    - Clicken Sie oben auf "AppData" (vor Roaming)
    - Clicken Sie auf den Ordner Local
    - Löschen Sie den Ordner Nero und Nero_AG
    - Starten Sie Nero MediaHome erneut
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m happy
    Thank you - it works fine ( Well I did not delete - but renamed them - so I can copy if something is last - or what?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I previously downloaded these via the program; reinstalled but there are still no backgrounds or clip art. Do I need to do something in addition because Nero 17 is also installed?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• i had 2017 still on my computer - and it work fine - maybe Since5.5 or wither1 can help!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    im having a problem too, I bought the bundle at the cost of £79-95 for Nero Platinum yet i can only use pan and zoom on a slideshow, there are no other optional transitions and no clip art either?
    beginning to think I have wasted my money now
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Joyce-

Are the Content Packs installed, as mentioned by Since5.5 earlier?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi wither, the files are there but won’t extract ,so frustrating
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Don’t suppose there’s a chance of my money being refunded?
    I’m a 72 yr old grandmother who’s sat nearly all day trying do download contents pack 1,2 without any luck at all, the only thing I wanted was to do a nice slideshow of my only grandson,I’m no technophobe ...
    I feel totally let down by Nero
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Joyce!
    Maybe you should try this one:
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/1....
    You can download a trial version for free!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• still in a mess, got the files downloaded but trying to do a photo story is impossible, i cant get transitions or add music only in the Nero video but even that is causing a headache here
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As noted, I moved your post here-

Hi, after sitting forever trying to find my way around this new version, I have eventually mastered most things but my transitions in a photo slide show, I choose my favourites, i right click and add show all transitions yet I still have quite 'boring' fades of a circle, also , I click on my music to go with photos yet still gaps appear when I playback , any help would be greatly received and appreciated, I have looked in 'KNOW HOW' but not much help I'm afraid
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When you click on My Favorites, there shouldn't be anything there unless you had inserted a transition in your project and then opted to "add" it to My Favorites.

To add a transition, open the Effect Palette and select Transitions. There should be a lot of them shown. Then, drag and drop the one you want to the box to the left of your first slide (or any slide) as circled in red in this screenshot.

If you want to use the same transition or random transitions between each slide, right click on the box and make the appropriate selection.

I don't know what you mean by gaps. When you insert your audio file, it should snap to the left. If you need to add another one, then butt it's right edge up against the right edge of the first file, as shown below.

Note that if you use one of the default audio files provided by Nero and add it to your project, it will automatically adjust its size to the whole project. If you use your own file, you can click on the Fit Music icon at the top, near the right side, of the storyboard and opt to fit the music to the project.

One thing you didn't tell me is if the Content Packs are installed using the method I provided to determine that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes they’re installed Wither, I don’t think this programme is for me to be honest,I feel I’m being a burden to all help offered as I appear to be posting stuff in the wrong place most of the time,I’m finding getting around it much more difficult than the ones I used before, I apologise for posting questions in the wrong place and I’ve really appreciated you patience with me but I think a refund would be better all round
    Thanks
    Joyce
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Rest assured that you're not being a burden. Us volunteers and, sometimes, Nero employees, come here to help people with the software. I've been here everyday for almost 10 years. For most new users, Nero Video can be daunting because there are so many options.

If you have your forum profile set for e-mail notification, you will get a notification e-mail every time someone responds to a thread that you're active in. You can simply click on View Reply to get to that post and then reply.

What are you stuck on, at this moment?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m confused
    I have the transitions but for them to work I have to drag and drop each one even tho I click 'add transitions to all fields' the music is causing me a problem too, I have my own music already but there is still that 'silent' gap when the track finishes before another starts, once again I have added cross fade thinking it'll go from one song into another but it doesn't and if I try dragging the title to the end of a song ,I either lose it or it goes small making just a quick burst of the song, I so wish you were able to take over my computer for a while LOL
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m confused
    just spent the last 15 mins dragging and dropping individual transitions , ran the timeline and nope, still the same (tunnel) btw, it shows up if i click the trans box what it is, will it play it? will it hell, sighhhhhhh
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I must apologize for not being more clear.

Let's talk about transitions first-

The box where you drop a transition is called a transition field.

If you don't add any transitions and you right click on an empty transition field, you can select the option to apply random transitions to all transition fields. In the screen shot below, I didn't add any transitions. I then right clicked on one of the "empty" transition boxes. The options available are shown. In this case, since all the transition fields are empty, you can select either option to insert random transitions to the whole project (I didn't provide a screen shot of that).

If you add a transition to a transition field but then click on an "empty" transition field, you can select the option to apply random transitions to all "empty" transition fields.

If you add a transition to a transition field and then right click on that field, you can select an option to apply that transition to all transition fields. In the screenshot below, I added a transition to the first transition field and then right clicked on it to show the available options (note that I'm making the screenshots in Nero v2015 so the display of the transitions will be different than in v2018)-

However, let's say you purposely added two or more different transitions to different transition fields. If you wanted one of those transitions to be applied to all remaining empty transition fields, you can right click on that transition and make the selection to apply it to all empty transition fields.

Let's say that you did what I described in the last scenario in regards to adding different transitions, and then you decided that you wanted one of them to be applied to all fields, you can then right click on that transition and select the option to apply it to all transition fields.

I hope that helps in regards to transitions.

I'll close this reply so I don't lose it if something happens to the system.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

In regards to the audio, adding a crossfade will cause the volume to go down from the start of the fade and back up to the end of the fade. If the fade isn't long enough for you, you can set he duration of the crossfade by positioning the red positioning line over the cross fade and right clicking to select the Set Duration option. You would want to adjust the duration of your slides to be longer if you want a long audio crossfade. You can adjust the volume change. I'll go into that if desired.

I'm not sure what you mean by dragging the end of a title. As I understood it, you're creating a slide show.

I already mentioned the use of the "Fit Music" option. You can see it in my second screen shot on the right hand side.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Thanks for the "good answer."

Have you had success with the transitions?

What about the audio?
    • Hi Wither, I followed your excellent instructions and good news, I have a photo story with my music on it, I have saved the file but please may I ask you one more thing ? can the file ( long one, with many photos with about 12 tracks)
      be transferred to a flash drive USB?
      I can't thank you enough for your invaluable help and patience shown to me ,
      thank you so much
      Joyce
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I'm glad to hear that you've had success. One can use the manuals to find out how to do things but, that's not always easy. Us volunteers in the forum can and will help cut through the verbage in the manuals. Then, there's Nero tech support for the last two or three versions.

You can export your project to either a video file or a disc structure on your hard drive that you can copy to a USB drive. However, they wouldn't play automatically by inserting the USB stick in a device. The only option I know of for creating the latter type of disc on a USB drive is using AVCHD-DVD. That requires a blu-ray capable player. I've never tried that so, I can't guarantee that would work as I suggest.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm