Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

install problem upgrade nero 2018 platinum

I have downloaded and run the install for Nero Platinum 2018 all appears to go well finishing with start Nero Platinum. Nothing Happens.
There is no folder Nero 2018
I have run as administrator
There is Noro 2016 installed on the system but as this is an upgrade it has been left in place.
NeroInstaller-2018-NEROPLA-1.11.0.28.exe
nero2018contentpack.exe
nero2018contentpack2.exe
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi NEDDY39-

The latest installer at nero.com, downloads is 1.11.0.29. Not sure where you got .28 or if it really makes any difference.

Did the installation provide a shortcut for the Nero Launcher on your desktop?

If so, can you run it?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you for being so quick, the installer was downloaded from a link in the purchase e-mail.
    How do I get 1.11.0.29?
    There are no NERO shortcuts on my desktop.
    I cannot see how to find the URL for 1.11.0.28 download. Only possible from the link
    As I stated all appears to go well, the install appears normal, there is a web page that opens thanking me for installing. Then asking do I want to launch 2018
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• That version is at nero.com, downloads, Nero 2018 Platinum.

However, it appears the installation is correct.

Please go here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2018\Nero Launcher

If it's there, run the NeroLauncher.exe file. Does that work?

If so, go back to the file and right click on it. Select Send To, Desktop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• To start this reply message, I am happy to state the problem is fixed; your question about the Nero Launcher shortcut being on the desktop was the beginning of me finding the solution.
    As I said in my initial post there are (were) no folders whatsoever \Nero 2018
    As I also as stated the install would complete with the message congratulating me for installing. NERO 2018 but there was no obvious evidence whatsoever; I concluded that during the install there was an error, with the install immediately completing prematurely, and generating the message thanking me.
    Having found the file nero.launcher.msi in the:—
    C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\NeroInstallFiles\NERO20171219063332758\applications\launcher folder
    I ran the file and very early in the install it came to a dialog box wanting 3 files (2 Visual C) to be updated, one of which was Microsoft VC redist_x86.exe, as soon as I clicked OK the process went straight to the Thank You Web page.
    O.K. I had found the error.
    I went on the web and found the file Microsoft VC redist_x86 2015.exe and tried to install, I was met with the message that there was a later version already installed on my system, found that file vc_redist.x86 2017.exe and doubled clicked it to install, this time the message was that it needed to go through a repair install, did the repair install, rebooted the system.
    Again ran the file nero.launcher.msi, took about 30 minutes to complete but NERO 2018 is successfully installed on my system.
    Please understand that the file Microsoft VC redist_x86 2015.exe could be slightly, after the install the system went through a clean-up and I have lost the exact file name.
    Nero 2018 requires Visual C to be installed, my existing file was either corrupt or the incorrect version 2015 instead of 2017.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• My response was based on what you said. Sometimes I might read too much between the lines.

When you did the initial install, it should have installed the Reboot Validator and the C++ 2015 redistributable (x86). Sounds like the presence of the C++ 2017 redistributable (an update in Win 10) affected that.

Anyhow, I'm glad you figured it out and the problem is resolved.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That is where I think it all went wrong in that my C++ was corrupt and the installer would not overwrite version 2017 with version 2015.
    i appreciate your assistance, without knowing the NeroLauncher.exe existed i would still be scratching my head
    I wrote it up in some detail to assist the many others experiencing problems.
    Thank you again.
    I grew up on DOS, being almost 81 years old.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited