Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m just aggrivated that it does not install more easily

Installing Nero 2017 Platinum issues

I just purchased an upgrade to 2017 Platinum. I had nero 2014 and 2015 Platinum. I have redownloaded the programs installer and content 2 times. It simply will not install.

I have 8 gigs of commercial grade ram, i7-4770 system. I do not know if I need to uninstall the older versions of Nero before I install this new upgrade. I turned off the firewall but am not sure that helps at all.

I went to your frequently asked questions and did not see anything at all about Nero 2017
4 people have
this problem
+1
  • No meu PC com esses problemas deu como incompatibilidade do programa. Vou querer meu dinheiro de volta....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Gary posted this in another thread-

hey Whither.. I finally sent a file that they asked for last week and after they sent back again I sent a letter telling them I wanted a refund or someone to help. I got a reply from another Nero agent and tried to change the allowance setting on system C drive files.. it did not work. Now I have tried to start with a clean boot and it says there is another installation that has not completed... I want this thing running and will buy another complete version if that is the answer but I do not know what to try now.
    gary

In essence, my response was-

"As always, if what they tell you doesn't work, then go back for more instructions. Policy is that, if they can't resolve your problem, then they'll give you a refund."

However, if there's another installation of Nero? ongoing, then that needs to be addressed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Will you write to me and give me a step by step on making a selective boot.

I went and bought a driver update kit and did all the drivers and got a registry cleaner. Speedzooka.

I have repaired .dll files.. registry issues and turned off my malware and avast firewalls.

Perhaps I should be able to do this selective download with enough instruction. I have sent cab files twice to the Nero.com support but it has been again three days and no response. I have had this already two weeks and have not gotten it to install yet.
    I have an i7 with 8 gigs of ram that is commercial and lots of programs. I have not been able to find a list what programs are incompatible with Nero products.
    I really want this thing to work and work as they have advertised it. I have so many videos and things that need to be put in an order and good dvds made with good covers and all. I do not know of another product that is like this one. I am sure there are some out there.

I have had several different versions of Nero in the past and it seems that the customer care is getting even worse than it used to be. I am not aware of why.

The last letter I sent the cab file again and every time it will not install I do the msi temp thing and sent it.

Please tell me how to get this thing up and running or at least some step by step ideas that may help. I download that x86 file that you had told someone else to delete and reinstall.. I cannot even remember what it was called now.

I used the speedzooka and found a lot of errors that were on my computer and know that it should be able now to get this thing on.

Please just give me some things that I can try until I hear back from Nero..

gary green
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know what your OS is.

Run msconfig.exe. In the Services tab, first checkmark the box to "hide all Microsoft...." and then, checkmark the box to "disable All". In the Startup tab, checkmark the box to "disable all." If you have Win 10, I think you have to disable each Startup item individually. Apply the changes and reboot.

Right click on the installation file and select "run as administrator."

Does that work?

Whether or not it works, you should run msconfig.exe again as soon as possible and return everything back to normal.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since I pre order Nero 2017 I have not been able to install it.
    Every time I try its says theres been an error
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm