Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Is there a 2016 version of Nero Wave Editor? If not, what is the latest version?

Before I upgraded to Nero Platinum 2016, I looked at several reviews to see exactly what was included in the package because the Nero site does not provide enough information. Two reviews stated it included Nero Wave Editor 2016. The also said it included BackItUp. Neither was true. I did search for the wave editor and several things came up for the 2016 version but none of the links were from Nero. The download link on Nero's web site provides zero information. So is there a 2016 version of the tool?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hello Ray,
    I think that Nero WaveEditor is quite old software. As such, I don't think it has changed very much over the years.

I'm using the version 14.0.0020
    It runs OK on Windows 10 but my version needed to have a couple of old Microsoft C++ .dll files to be restored to get it going.

I think the one up there for download now could be a higher number version.
    Perhaps it has been improved to work on Windows 10 without having to mess around with .dll files ... I'm not sure.

The good news is: It is totally free and can be downloaded from here for example:

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads/

Under the free tools section ...

Nero WaveEditor
    Record and edit audio files using various filtering and sound optimization methods
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

Hi Phil,

I was using version 12 I believe. When I upgraded to 14 the installer stated wave editor 2016 but the software itself doesn't. Version is 14.0.0050

The nero logo box is different and I can actually get to the crash guard box when it shows up, but so far I don see any difference in functionality.

I'm using win 10 and fortunately, I did not have to mess with any C++ or .dll files.
    Thanks for your input.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Perhaps you can answer another question regarding the Backitup 2016. I'm a bit confused because I read that I'll need to pay a monthly subscription even if backing up to my own Blu-ray discs. Is that true or will my functionality remain the same with no additional charges?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Also, about this new and free downloadable Nero Wave Editor, did any of you have any trouble with dll.files on it? I'm asking because I don't know if Ray actually downloaded it or upgraded his Nero Platinum. Please someone, answer me on this.
    • view 21 more comments
    • Wave Editor. I haven't used Nero 9 in a very long time so I have no idea if you will run into any problems.
    • Ok, I see. Thanks alot! I will try to install my Nero 9 first, if that doesn't work, I'll download the Wave Editor and try and install that one.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• For the last week, you've been asking a lot of generic questions in numerous threads about WaveEditor. I haven't figured out yet what you want.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm