Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Issue burning 1080p MP4 videos to Blu ray disc

Hello Nero experts!

This is my first post. I couldn’t find my answer in the documents or other posts but it seems like this should be an easy fix.

I have Nero classic 2017. I have successfully burnt a number of Blu ray discs from 1080p MP4 video files I own. However each time the software scaled back the quality to dvd quality. There is plenty of space left on the 25gb Blu Ray disc so that’s not the issue. I’m sure there must be a setting somewhere to fix this.

Also I should mention these Blu Ray discs I’m making are for use in an SUV Blu Ray player so the ONLY format they will play must be in the Blu ray file structure of a commercially created movie disc.

Where do I adjust the Blu ray burn quality?

Any feedback or help appreciated. Thanks!

-Michael
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Quick follow up.....

Just to clarify, given my source MP4 video files are in full HD 1080p quality I intended (and expected) my final product Blu ray disc would also be in full HD 1080p quality.

I’m sure this can be done with Nero. Just not sure how.

Lastly, as I’m sure this is a common issue, if there is existing documentation or a post that covers this, please feel free just to direct me to that.

Thanks again!

Michael
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hello Michael-

I assume that the size of your project is compatible with the capacity of the blu-ray disc without having to encode it to fit.

If you're selecting Blu-ray Disc when you open Nero Video, import your files and then click on Options. Select Recording Format Options. In the quality section, select HDTV Full HD. The other option would be to change the video format to mpeg-4 and set the encoder settings to Highest. That option will slow down encoding so, I'd go with the first option.

For testing purposes, I suggest that you burn the project to your hard drive. That will create a BDMV folder which you can drag and drop into Nero MediaHome and play it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Wither 1,

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response!

I’m out of town until tomorrow night but when we get back I’ll give it a shot. Yes, that sounds like what I need.

And yes to clarify I was trying to put like 10gb of full HD 1080p videos on a 25gb Blu ray disc and the default setting still wanted to make it DVD quality. So yes you’re correct that I assume no encoding of any kind should be required.

Thanks again and I’ll try it out.

Michael
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Wither 1,

Thanks again for the help.

I made progress, but I’m still stuck.

Yes I found the burn quality options now so that helped.

Now I have a different but probably related issue.

Using the same example I’m trying to burn say 6 MP4 files of full HD 1080p quality that take up 10gb of space onto a 25gb Blu ray disc. In theory this should fit no problem. However the Nero software says it won’t fit. Even when I dumb down the resolution to 720p (hdtv hd normal, I think) Nero still says it won’t fit.

What am I missing??? Why won’t 10gb of MP4 files fit onto a 25gb Blu ray disc???

Thanks!

Michael
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• If you burned the project to your hard drive, as I suggested, what is the size of the folder?

I wouldn't expect that to happen when going from mpeg-4 to .m2ts since one variety of .m2ts transport stream is mpeg-4.

If you use the second option that I mentioned, does it still say it's to large?

If you reduce the bit rate in the Recording Format Options, does that change anything? For some reason, the files need to be encoded to comply with Blu-ray structures. Could be the audio but I'd need to see the log file to assess what's going on.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither 1,

Thanks again for the prompt response. I’m hitting the hay now but that gives me a few things to try this weekend. I’ll let you know what I find. Thanks.

Michael
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm