Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Kodak PixPro incompatible with NERO 2019

I have a Kodak PixPro FZ53 digital camera. It produces .MOV videos with .THB attached to them. When I try to convert the files to .MP4 with Nero Video 2019, the video randomly pauses. How can I fix this?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi, could you please upload a sample file here?
    https://www.dropbox.com/request/7MhcQ...
    Please update this entry afterwards so I get notified. Thx.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Ted,

If you could also upload your example to a public cloud service and post a link here for others to try, that would be great. I've experimented with some MJPEG video files I made using the free XMedia Recode program. I've zipped them up along with other test files. They can be downloaded here [~250 MB].

There are three MJPEG videos in different containers:

XMediaRecode_Meadow_MJPEG.avi
    XMediaRecode_Meadow_MJPEG.mov
    XMediaRecode_Meadow_MJPEG.mp4

Each is a conversion of the Nero Flower Meadow sample video. The AVI and MOV containers can be imported into Nero 2019 Video, but playback is horrible; the MP4 container fails to import.

Here's the Nero 2019 Video timeline playback:

Similar results are obtained using Nero 2019 Recode and Nero 2019 MediaHome. All three files play fine in the free Daum PotPlayer and the free VLC Media Player.

The same three files can be imported into the free OpenShot Video Editor (open-source development in process) and play/export with no problem:

Contents of the .zip file:

Successful conversions using the free FFmpeg (console app):

FFMPEG_MJPEG_AVI.mkv
    FFMPEG_MJPEG_MOV.mkv
    FFMPEG_MJPEG_MP4.mkv

Successful conversions using the free HandBrake video transcoder:

Handbrake_MJPEG_AVI.mkv
    Handbrake_MJPEG_MOV.mkv
    Handbrake_MJPEG_MP4.mkv

Successful conversions using the free XMedia Recode:

XMediaRecode_MJPEG_AVI.mkv
    XMediaRecode_MJPEG_MOV.mkv
    XMediaRecode_MJPEG_MP4.mkv

The timeline videos shown above:

Nero2019VideoTimeline_MJPEG__AVI_MOV_MP4.avi
    OpenShotTimeline_MJPEG__AVI_MOV_MP4.avi

Successful export of the OpenShot timeline:

OpenShot_MJPEG_AVI_MOV_MP4.mp4
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• You can see some of the pauses in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0sK...

Focus on the Dwight Lions Park portion of this video.

Unfortunately I can't upload the original .MOV file to YouTube because they don't accept .MOV files.
    • view 8 more comments
    • Ted,

XMedia Recode is free - the reference above is a link to it. As for the 'copy' option:

Your video contains MJPEG video streams in a MOV container. I used XMedia Recode to repackage it in a new container, once using 'convert' and once usng 'copy'. Both output containers have JMPEG video streams, one 'converted' (source decoded and then encoded again), the other copied. Crude picture:

I had no problem converting the 100_0002.MOV video to WMV in Nero 2019 Video; I was unable to import it into Nero 2019 Recode:

• When I try to process my video using WMV and DVD quality, I get the following message: Your title contains more NTSC than PAL material, but will be exported in PAL if you use the current settings. Do you want to change the settings to NTSC, so that your title will be exported in the video mode that matches the majority of the title's contents? Why do I get this message?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• That message comes up any time the last settings you used and the current settings are different. I just trust what it says and, if it's NTSC as in your case, that's the way I let her flow. But, I'm in the US. If I was in a PAL zone, I'd choose PAL.

This morning I was on my Vista system and was able to import your video into Nero Recode and Nero Video, both in v2015.

Tonight I tried to import it into Nero Recode and Nero Video in v2019. It wouldn't import into Recode.

Messing around, I find that it will import into Recode 2016 but not in Recode for v2017 and later. it opens in Nero Video in those versions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dear All, Thx a lot for sharing all the details. I have created a ticket (VIDEO-1020) in our internal system and will come back to you as soon as I know more.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Dear All, indeed we have to acknowledge that those MJPEG files are not supported well in our products. At the moment there is no solution for our products given. We will consider an improvement for a later version.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm